Chapter 13

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Deacon P.O.V.

The next morning I woke up in bed with my arms around Cecilia. She was sleeping so peaceful in my arms, right where she belonged.

I ran my hand over her stomach and kissed her temple.

My girl is perfect and a baby with her would be perfect.

We'd be a family.

I could finally have something that wasn't so fucked up.

With my mom dying I've been going through a lot but starting a family with Cecilia would be great.

What would be even better is if my mother could meet her first grandchild before she passes.

I don't know when my brothers will get in serious relationships and be ready for children. But I think I'm ready for that next step.

I got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I took a leak then washed my hands.

I put on some sweatpants then headed downstairs.

I needed to go down to Tiffany's room and have a talk with her.

After my conversation with my mother last night I knew it would be best if I set things straight between Tiffany and I.

I walked up to Tiffany's bedroom and knocked.

I was guessing she'd already be awake.

The door opened a bit until Tiffany saw me.

She stood there with her hair wet and in nothing but a towel.

"Sorry. I just needed to talk. I can come back," I said.

"No it's fine. Come in," she said.

She stood back and I walked into her bedroom.

Tiffany closed the door and I turned around.

"Tiffany I wanted to just thank you for being a listening ear when my mother was in the hospital. But now with my mother home and my girl and I on the same page I think it's best we keep our relationship strictly professional," I said.

Tiffany was quiet for a moment and looked down.

"Don't get me wrong I like talking to you but I just think it's best I put some boundaries in place. I wouldn't want you getting the wrong idea," I clarified.

"Ok Deacon," Tiffany said in a tone that let me know it wasn't ok.

She made a move to walk past me but I blocked her to stop her.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Yeah something is wrong. I don't appreciate you sending me mixed signals. You open up to me in a way you say you can't to "your girl". Then you watch me swim at night and admire me while I'm topless or prancing around in my underwear. Deacon you gave me the impression you and your girl weren't all that serious or at least not going to last much longer. Look I'm a big girl and I can take the hint but lets not act like you were acting like such a man in a committed relationship. Tell me one thing Deacon. Is she staying here because you actually want her here? Or is she staying here to keep you from being tempted to do something with me?" Tiffany asked.

As much as I wanted to tell Tiffany she had it all wrong I couldn't lie.

I did find it easier to open up to her instead of Cecilia about what I was going through.

I did admire her topless out by the pool that night and I sure wasn't complaining when she made me breakfast in her underwear.

Fuck!