Chapter 35

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

I had emailed my boss the finale draft of my article for Lance. I was waiting to hear back from her to see what she wanted me to change.

I walked down the stairs and went into the living room.

I saw that my brother and Deacon's youngest brother were hanging out.

Alex and Mason were never best friends... they always seemed to run in different circles. But after my brother and Madison had Niko my brother made some changes to his friend group and Alex and him have seemed to become friends over the past couple years of their last years in high school.

"Hey guys," I said as I walked into the living room.

"Hi sis," Mason said.

"Hey Cecilia," Alex said.

"So what are you guys up to?" I asked.

"Nothing... I'm waiting for Madison to come over with Niko," Mason said as he was texting on his phone.

"Do you have a girlfriend Alex?" I asked as I sat down.

"Naw I'm not trying to get booed up my last year of high school just to do long distance. I'll be going off to college next year then I may look for a little shawty," Alex said.

"You know long distance isn't that bad.... Your brother and I started our relationship long distance you know," I said.

I heard Alex sigh and watched him roll his eyes.

"What's that look for?" I asked Alex.

"Trust me you don't want to know. You and my brother breaking up is the worst thing that could have ever happened and that's where I'm leaving that," Alex said.

"I loved your brother you know that right? I didn't want us to break up... but sometimes couples need time apart and may come back together," I said.

"Cecilia I don't want to hurt you or anything but him and that thot nurse are together," Alex admitted.

"Wait what are you two talking about?" Mason said chiming in.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything. My family is just real fucked up since my mother's death," Alex said trying to drop the subject.

"Alex I know you all are having a hard time since your mother's passing. But as far as Deacon and that nurse are concerned you aren't telling me anything I don't already know. I know they are fucking," I admitted.

"What? You do? How?" Alex asked shocked.

"He came over here for lunch the other day so we could talk. I kind of brought up Tiffany and how I was glad they never slept together. Your brother got all quiet and weird. I know Deacon well and I knew he was hiding something. Besides he avoided the topic and changed the subject completely. You just kind of confirmed what I already thought was going on though," I explained.

"My brother is a serious dumbass Cecilia. None of us like her or want him with her but he won't listen. Our mom dies, then you two break up, only for him to end up with her nurse. It's all seriously fucked up," Alex said.

"I know but it's your brother's life," I said.

"Whatever. I can't wait to graduate and move out," Alex said.

"Well hang in there Alex. You don't have much longer," I said.

My phone rang and I looked to see that my boss was calling.