Chapter 72

Copyright © 2020 Nicole Mckoy

Cecilia P.O.V.

Four Months Later

I rolled up my yoga mat as my pregnancy yoga class ended.

I know a pregnancy yoga class might have sounded crazy but they have all kinds of activities that are unheard of out here in LA.

It has been officially four months since I made the big move out here to LA and I have been enjoying it for the most part.

After the near death experience with the fire I decided taking the job out here was the best idea. I needed a fresh start away from Deacon and my parents.

I had apologized to my mother for what I'd said to her in the hospital but aside from that I had been a bit distant from my parents.

After the night of the fire Lance had apparently tried to run off to Mexico but got stopped at the boarder.

Lance had been taken in for questioning regarding Tiffany's murder. Yeah it turned out she didn't die of some bad car accident. She was dead before the crash.

The police had Lance as a person of interest since they were together up until she sold that story about him to the press. Then Lance trying to skip town didn't help matters.

It didn't take long for the police to gather enough motive to go along with their evidence to pin Tiffany's murder on Lance.

He was arrested for murder and currently getting ready for trial. When Lance was arrested I just couldn't believe what I saw. He loved Tiffany. There was no way he killed her.

While locked up Lance called me. He told me he didn't do it. I asked him why he left when the fire broke out.

He explained he never saw the fire and that his mother came to his house and forced him to leave. He said his mother knew the police would be trying to pin him as a suspect in Tiffany's murder so she wanted to get ahead of it.

Lance said he left the house alone before the firefighters or police ever showed up to his house in Big Bear. He said his mother was going to lock up and meet him back at his condo.

Which she had met him back at his condo only to give him his passport and a travel plan.

Too bad her plan didn't work out and it only backfired on them.

But now Lance was laying low at home until his trial started.

He was suspended from the football team pending the verdict of the upcoming trial.

I knew in my gut Lance was innocent but Lance had no idea who could be setting him up.

I had my own idea of who was setting him up... it was the same person I figured set the fire.

The person who after all these years still had a vendetta against my mom for marrying my dad.

You might have already guessed it but it's Veronica.

Yeah after my father explained their past it wasn't hard to put everything together.

Veronica wanted to kill me and pin it on Lance. I was more than sure she killed Tiffany too and was the reason the cops ever found evidence connecting Lance to the crime.

I promised Lance I would help clear his name.

That's why I had to keep my distance from my parents... I had to keep up the allusion that we'd had a falling out. That I was sympathizing with Veronica. The closer I could get to her the easier it would be for me to catch her slip up and prove Lance's innocence.