Chapter 1: Before It All pt. 2

You wake up to hear your parents talking about something unusual. You put on some normal clothes in case you all need to leave.

You walk out of your room and downstairs to see what's going on. You walk into the living room to see your parents looking through the glass door. You start walking up to them.

You: Mom, dad, what's going on?

Your mom looks back and sees you walking up to them.

Mom: Y/N, stay right there.

You stop walking.

Dad: I need to see what this is.

Mom: Wait, what?!

Dad: Don't worry. I'm just gonna see what he wants.

Mom: Okay...just be careful.

Your dad walks outside to see what the man wants.

Dad: Hey there. Can I help you with something?

The man stands up and turns around limping towards your father. He can't see the mans face clearly because it's dark out.

Dad: You need help, friend? WHAT THE FU- AHHHHHH!

The man bit his arm and is now on top of your father.

Mom: Y/D/N!

Your mom then runs out to help, while you see your dad's revolver on the coffee table. You grab it and you run outside.

Your mother makes it to the man and pulls him off of your father. But the man then bites your moms face, killing her instantly.

You: MOM!

You shoot the man right in between his grey, soulless eyes. You run to your father. Who is bleeding out fast.

You: DAD, ARE YOU OKAY?!

He coughs.

Dad: I don't think so, goofball.

You: I-I can get you to a hospital! You'll be okay!

Your father already understands what's going on, the virus, the eyes, the paleness. It's the apocalypse.

Dad: No, son, I need you to do something. You gotta shoot me in the head and then your mother.

You: What?! No, no, no, no, I won't do that!

Dad: My little goofball, you've gotta do it. Just always remember to squeeze, not pull... Can you do it?

You have tears in your eyes and your hat falls off.

You: Okay...I-I can do it.

You stand up with your gun in hand and you look at your father one last time. You raise your gun and aim at his head, your father is smiling. You take a breath in and out.

*BAM!*
*BAM!*

You look at your dead parents and cry on your knees for a moment. You hear groans from the woods. You look around to see maybe 35 corpses walking out of the woods towards you.

You pick up your hat and gun and run away from your house.

Timeskip

You find yourself in an area with a punch of cars in the middle of the street. You notice a house with a treehouse and decide that's a good place to hide.

You make your way behind the gate and close it, and then run over to the treehouse, you climb up the ladder and trip as you walk in.

???: hi...

A/N: sorry for the short chapter, but if it makes you feel any better I just got done writing the chapter before this.