Chapter 97: Yellow

You and Clem left Richmond a few hours ago. You both still ride on Dyla. It's almost nighttime.

Clem: It's getting pretty dark. Do you have a camp near here?

You: Woah, woah...

With that, Dyla stops running. You take out your map and you look to see where you are.

You: Hmm... Yeah, I think there's one a little bit off to the East.

You turn Dyla to the right and you start running through the woods.

Small timeskip
You arrive at one of your camps.

You: Woah, woah...

With that, Dyla stops running.

You hop off of Dyla and you help Clem get down.

You grab Dyla's reins and you walk over to the hitching station. You hitch Dyla and you pet her.

You: You did good today, girl.

You turn around and you walk over to the already lit fire. You see the guy who looks after your camp, Andrew.

You: Yo, Andrew.

Andrew looks at you.

Andrew: Hey, man. You all set?

You: Yeah. You know where the canned goods are.

He nods.

He walks away. You see Clem walk up to you.

You: There she is.

She smiles.

You: I like the jacket. It suits you.

Clem: Thanks.

You both sit down next to the fire. Clem cuddles onto you and she rests the side of her head on your shoulder.

You: You comfy?

Clem: Very.

You: Good.

You sigh.

You: You remember when we planned on running away?

Clem: Yeah.

You: You know...it's not too late.

Clem: What about AJ?

You: Well, he's obviously coming. I was just thinking that if we were really that serious on it, then we could still do it. Have a nice life somewhere. Maybe another state? I liked it when people called me "Y/N," not the One Eyed Survivor. I just wanna have a life with you and AJ. Be a family. We could be his parents in a way. You don't have to. I'll always be here, Clementine.

Clementine smiles as she looks at the fire.

Clem: I think we should.

You: Really?

Clem: Yeah. We could find a nice home for AJ. We could be a part of something. It doesn't HAVE to be a community, but we should just get a home for us. It might take a while, but I think we could still do it.

You smile.

You: I can't believe we're doing this... I'm gonna have to get a new map.

Clem giggles.

Clem kisses you and you kiss back. You pull out of the kiss and you look her in her hazel eyes.

You: You hungry?

Clem: Kinda.

You: Want me to get you something to eat?

Clem: ...I think I kinda like this moment the way it is.

You smile. You grab a blanket and you cover you and her.

Clem: Okay...NOW it can't get any better.

You chuckle.

You see a guitar leaned up against a log that's next to the fire.

You look back at Clem.

You: Can I play you something?

Clem: You can play guitar?

You: Kenny taught me.

Clem: What're you gonna play?

You: I wrote something.

Clem: When did you write a song?

You: The night we found each other... It's called: Yellow.

A/N: I didn't write it.

Clem: I'd love to hear it.

You smile. You grab the guitar. You lightly strum the strings as you prepare your hands.

A/N: as you guessed, not my song or video.

You strum the strings as you start to play the opening. After a bit of strumming, you start to sing.

You: Look at the stars... Look how the shine for you...and everything you do. Yeah they were all yellow.

Clem reaches her hand up to your hair and starts to play with it.

You: I came along... I wrote a song for you...and all the things you do. And it was called "Yellow". So then I took my turn... Oh what a thing to have done... And it was all yellow. Your skin...oh, yeah, your skin and bones...turn into something beautiful
You know, you know I love you so... You know I love you so.

Clementine starts to have tears in her eyes.

You: I swam across... I jumped across for you... Oh what a thing to do... 'Cause you were all yellow... I drew a line...I drew a line for you... Oh what a thing to do... And it was all yellow... Your skin...oh, yeah, your skin and bones...turn into something beautiful And you know...for you I'd bleed myself dry... For you I'd bleed myself dry... It's true... Look how they shine for you... Look how they shine for you... Look how they shine for... Look how they shine for you... Look how they shine for you... Look how they shine... Look at the stars... Look how they shine for you...and all the things that you do...

You strum the strings to end the song.

Clementine starts crying.

Clem: You...you made that for me?

You nod.

You: I did.

She closes her eyes and starts to cry even more. You hug her and she hugs back.

Clem: That was beautiful... Thank you...

You: I love you, Clem...

Clem pulls out of the hug and kisses you.

Clem: I love you too...