Chapter 67: Without My Bestfriend

Clem's POV
It's been a few hours since Y/N and Kenny left. You sit on a bed with your arms wrapped around your legs, crying into your knees. You're wearing Y/N's hat instead of yours.

You dig around in your back pocket to find something. You pull out an old, wrinkled piece of paper.

 You pull out an old, wrinkled piece of paper

A tear lands on the paper.

There's a knock at the door.

Clem: Come in...

Edith walks in.

Edith: Hey...

She walks over to you and sits down next to you.

Edith: How're you feelin'?

You lean your head on her shoulder.

Clem: I miss him so much...

You begin to sob.

Edith rubs your hair.

Edith: I know, hon... I know... But he didn't leave because he wanted to. He left because he had to.

Clem: That doesn't make it any better.

Edith: I know. But he wanted to give you and AJ a chance. He thought that you deserved to be safe from what's out there. Clem, you just gotta give this place a chance. Meet some new people. There're a few kids here, that really wanna meet you.

Clem: Why?

Edith: 'Cause you're a kid, too. You and AJ can be happy. You can live a good life, here

You stop leaning your head on her shoulder and you look at her.

Clem: Why doesn't Y/N get to have a good life?

Edith doesn't know how to answer.

You stand up and you walk out of your room, slam the door behind you. You walk outside and you put your hands in your pockets. You decide to go for a walk.

You walk past a fireplace to see a few kids around a campfire. One of them notices you and stands up. He walks over to you and starts to walk next to you. He wears a black Beanie and a black t-shirt that says "Metallica".

Kid: Hey, I'm Josh.

You ignore him.

Josh: Playin' hard to get. I get it.

Clem: Leave me alone.

Josh: What? You don't wanna hang out over by the fire? It's real warm.

Flashback
You all sit around the campfire. You see Bonnie, Vince, Luke, Jane, Mike, and Kenny. They're all laughing at something Mike and Bonnie we're talking about.

You look to your right, to see Y/N. He looks at you and smiles. You smile back.

Reality
Josh: Just hang out for a bit.