Chapter 33: Injury

You feel yourself start to regain consciousness. You see a few people arguing over you. You can't exactly tell what they're saying, but it gets more clear as they continue.

Man with hat: Don't you tell me that! Not with what fuckin' happened.

Woman: Would someone mind telling me what the FUCK is going on here?

Pete: Now hold on, Rebecca.

Man with hat: We got this, don't worry.

Woman: Like hell you do. Did anyone even think to ask where they came from? For all we know, they could be working with Carver!

Pete: She already told us that they and their friend and adoptive father were attacked. Then he was stabbed.

You look up to see Clementine on her knees, she must've put your head on her knees.

Woman: What? And you just believed her? You should've put him out of his misery right there. "Circular" stab wound, my ass.

You: I need a do-

*BANG!*

The man with the rifle got startled and shot right next to you and Clementine. Clementine then hugs you by your neck.

Man: What the...?

Pete quickly takes the rifle away from the man.

Pete: Keep your finger off the trigger, boy!

Luke darts out of the cabin.

Luke: Whoa! Whoa! What the fuck?!

He runs down the stairs and joins the group. You and Clementine slowly stand up.

Woman: You idiot! Every lurker for five miles probably heard that!

Man with hat: You're the one tellin' me to fuckin' shoot him!

Man: Everybody just calm down for a second!

Luke: Clementine, Y/N, you okay...?

You: I just need a doctor...and then...and then we'll go. I don't want my hip to get infected.

Man with hat: None of us want to get infected. That's the point.

You see a man walk out of the cabin.

Luke: We got a doctor right here, okay? He'll have a look.

Luke turns around.

Luke: Now what the hell is wrong with you people?! Okay, they're just scared!

Woman: We're all scared, Luke.

She steps up to him.

Woman: Don't act like we're the ones being irrational 'cause we don't buy this bullshit story.

Man with hat: No way they survived out here on their own! Why are we even arguing about this?!

The man who just walked out of the cabin joins the group.

Carlos: Let me take a look.

Clementine steps back; scared, while you stand in front of her. Carlos is now in front of you. He holds out his hand. You're hesitant, so you look at Luke.

Luke: It's okay. Go ahead. He's a doctor.

You roll up your shirt.

Man: Damn, that must've hurt.

Carlos inspects the wound.

Carlos: Hmm. Whatever it was, it got you good.

Man with hat: This isn't how we do things, man. When you're bit, you get put down. He says walking towards Luke. End of story. I'm not going through this again.