Chapter 81: Confession

You stand up and walk over to your tent. You're about to walk in, until Javier approaches.

Javier: Y/N?

You: What's up, Javi?

Javier: Look, we need to get Kate some real medical attention.

You: Yeah, I don't exactly have all the supplies I need to help with what Kate has.

Javier: Well, Eleanor said that she's stable for now, but it won't last long.

You: Alright. I say we go to Richmond. It's safe, it has walls, and it it's not too far from here.

Javier: Sounds good.

Javier's about to turn away, but he returns.

Javier: One more thing... How did you catch the bullet?

You take off your glove you reach into a little pocket that has a piece of metal inside of it. You pull out the dented piece metal and you look at Javier.

You: You know it's impossible to "catch" a bullet, right?

Javier chuckles.

Javier: You're a clever kid.

You: Get some sleep. You can pick whatever tent you want. I'll take watch.

You open the tent and you grab your rifle.

Javier: I can do it, if you want. I do kinda owe ya.

You: Nah, it's alright.

You walk over to the edge of the campsite. You sit on a rock and you keep watch.

After a few minutes, someone taps you on the shoulder. You turn around to see Clem. You smile.

You: Hey.

Clem: Hey. Are you going to bed?

You: Nope. I gotta take watch.

Clem: Can I sit?

You: Sure.

She sits on a rock next to yours. She sighs.

Clem: So... That was pretty awkward.

You chuckle.

You: You have no idea how much of an understatement that is.

Clem: I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable.

You: Oh, no, don't worry.

Clem nods.

She looks down at her feet.

You: Clem...you alright?

Clem: Yeah. I just... You know, after two years, I thought you and Kenny were long gone. I thought I'd never see you again, after Wellington. But now that you're right here, next to me...it feels so unreal. I feel like I'm dreaming and my mind just wants me to THINK you're okay. I think I actually drove myself crazy to pretend that you were with me sometimes. But now you're here. You're REALLY here... And I don't wanna lose you again.

You: I don't plan on going anywhere, this time.

Clem: Good...

It's time...

You: Clem...?

Clem: Yeah...?

You: I spent nearly two years looking for you. And after everything I've done...

You slowly lean in closer.

You: I'm still not sure if we can survive this...

Clem begins to slowly lean in closer.

Clem: We've made it this far, haven't we...?

You: Yeah, we have.

You and Clem kiss.

After about twenty seconds of making out, you both pull back for air. Clem looks into your eye.

Clem: Should we head back to the tent?

You nod.

You: Yeah...

You both stand up and you walk over to the tent. You unzip the door and Clem heads in. You walk in and you zip up the door.

You take off your jacket and sweatshirt. You take off your boots and your holster.

Clem takes off her hat and her boots.

Clem gets inside of your sleeping bag. You get in the sleeping bag with her and you both cuddle.

You watch Clem fall asleep. She looks so peaceful.

You close your eye and you drift off to sleep.