Chapter 30: No Time Left

Warning: A very, very, very, very long chapter, grab something to eat.

You're all waiting for Lee to wake up in the living room. You've all decided that when he wakes up you're all going after Clementine. You're holding Clem's hat. Kenny looks over at you.

Kenny: We'll get her back, kid. I know we will.

You remain silent and continue to look at it. You hear Lee groan.

You: He's waking up!

Everyone looks at Lee. He slowly opens his eyes and you hug him, he hugs back. Kinda.

Kenny: Thank god!

Lee pulls out of the hug and sits up. He looks at his now amputated arm.

Omid: Do you think it worked?

You: It better have.

Lee: No kidding.

Lee's eyes widen, when he realizes something.

Lee: We need to go after Clementine!

You: We know. We were just waiting for you to wake up.

Kenny: We've all decided that it's best if we all go.

Lee: You don't have to do that.

Christa: You can't stop us.

Lee: You sure?

Kenny: Yeah, pal.

You stand up.

You: Well, what are we waiting for?! Let's get-

Lee: You're not comin'.

Your eyes widen.

You: What?!

Lee: It's too dangerous.

You: I'm not leaving Clementine out there alone. She was the first person I met when this all started, so I don't care what you think is dangerous or not. So you can try to stop me all you want, but one thing is for sure. And it's that I am going to find my friend!

Lee's eyes widen.

Kenny: You heard him. We're all goin'.

Lee: Okay. But you have to stay by side the whole time. Understand?

You smirk.

You: That's what I was planning.

Lee: Alright...

Lee picks up the clever from the coffee table.

Lee: Let's go find Clementine.

Timeskip
You're back in the sewers, showing everyone how to get to the morgue.

You: This is it.

You get inside the place that seemed to be an old fallout shelter. You take out your revolver and hold the door handle with your other hand. You swiftly open the door and aim your gun, ready to fire. No one's there.

You: No...

Lee walks in.

Lee: Vernon! Get out here! There doesn't have to be any trouble here, all I want is the girl! Give her back and nobody needs to get hurt!

The walkie-talkie goes off.

Clementine: Lee?

Lee: Clementine! Are you alright? Where are you? Vernon, you son of a bitch.

Stranger: Hello, Lee.

Lee: Where have you taken her?

Stranger: This isn't Vernon. And you should really watch your tone. Clementine's fine. But if I were you, I'd choose my next words VERY carefully.