Chapter 93: The Truck

You all walk over to one of the New Frontier's garages. You have your AR-15 out. Clem looks at you.

Clem: I, uh...

You look back at her.

Clem: see that you have your glasses on again.

You look back down the path.

You: Yup. You say, in a very unenthusiastic tone.

You wear the glasses because of how Clem said doesn't care about your eye. She also said that she doesn't blame you for Kenny's death. So you don't really know what's true and what's not from Clementine.

Clem just doesn't know how to make things better. How does she explain why she said that? Clem looks down in sadness.

You all make it to the garage. There's a water tower and the whole area's surrounded by a gate.

Javier whisper: Clem, Y/N, you guys come with me to get the truck. Gabe and Kate, you guys hang back here. Be ready for anything.

Clem whisper: Let's go.

You whisper: Yeah...

Javier opens the fence.

Gabe whisper: I think I should go with you, actually.

Javier whisper: That wasn't the plan, Gabe.

Clem whisper: Actually...

You look at Clem.

Clem whisper: I was kind of hoping you'd be willing to watch my back on this one. Don't wanna get surprised while I'm out there.

Gabe whisper: Yeah, okay. I guess somebody needs to be a lookout.

You under your breath: Un-fucking-believable. You say, walking in.

Clem watches you walk in. She only said that so that he'd stick with the plan, but she knows that you think she's just trying to rub it in.

Clem's POV
You sigh.

Javier whisper: I can talk to him.

Clem whisper: No, I...I can do it. I really hope he doesn't hate me.

Javier whisper: He doesn't hate you. He just...doesn't understand what you're going through.

You and Javier enter the area.

Your POV
You look at a dead walker that's on his back. He has a trucker hat. It's almost just like Kenny's, but it's blue and white, and his has a truck on it. The walker has a shirt with a monster on it, that says "bull shifter," whatever the hell that means.

You close your eyes. You get quick flashbacks of Kenny and the walkers that killed him.

Kenny: AGH!

You flinch.

The walkers groan as they devour him.

You flinch again.

One of the walkers look up at you as he piece of Kenny's flesh gets yanked off his body.

You flinch again, but this time you feel someone touch your shoulder. You see Clementine.

Clem whisper: Hey.

You look back at the walker.

You whisper: What? Come to tell me how I got someone else killed?

Clem whisper: What?! No! Y/N, I didn't mean to say that.

You whisper: Yeah, I'm sure. You know, Clem, the way you just talked to Gabe, really tends to piss me off. And I'm not trying to sound overprotective, I'm just really annoyed how you told us that WE'D protect each other. Not you and Gabe.