Chapter 100: Still Moving

A/N: Before you read this chapter, I just wanna say that this is the 100th chapter! That's crazy. I started this story like 3 months ago. And in that 3 months it's managed to get 19k reads (which, for the record, is insane, because it feels like yesterday it hit 10k reads) and it also got 1k votes. So, as tradition for big events like this: ayyyy.

You're all in the car, driving down the road. You look in the rear view mirror to see AJ looking out the window.

You: Lookin' for something, goofball?

AJ: Nope. Just tryin' to get distracted.

Clem: Just be grateful that we aren't walking. THAT sucks.

AJ: Is that what you guys used to do?

You: All the time. We had cars a few times, but they never lasted.

AJ: Will it happen to this car?

You: Eventually. But let's just hope that day is far.

Clem looks back at AJ.

Clem: You know, AJ--when I was your age, I used to play I spy.

AJ: What's that?

Clem: Well...you look for something outside the car. Then you describe it and the other person has to guess what it is.

AJ: Okay.

He looks out the window.

AJ: It's-- dang it!

You: What is it?

AJ: We drove past it.

You: If there's more than one of the thing you're describing, then you can still use it.

AJ: Oh. Okay.

He looks out the window again.

AJ: It's...tall. It has...um...

Clem: Right. Before you say what you're describing, you have to say "I spy with my little eye something..."

AJ: Something what?

Clem: After you say that, you describe the object. Got it?

AJ: Okay. I think I get it.

He looks back out the window.

AJ: I spy with my little eye...something tall.

Clem: Is it a tree?

AJ: How'd you know?!

You and Clem chuckle.

Small timeskip
You pull into a very small neighborhood. You see a house that looks pretty quiet.

You: Alright. You guys know the drill.

Whenever you find a place to settle down for a bit, you hide the car, so that someone doesn't steal it.

Clem gets out of the car and walks off to look for a spot to use. She comes back a minute later and she gestures for you to drive over to her.

You pull the car up to Clem to see a small ditch in the woods.

You: Nice find.

Clem: Thanks.

You pull into the ditch. AJ hands you yours and Clem's things from the backseat and you both get out.

You: AJ?

AJ: On it.

AJ's job is to keep watch while you and Clem cover up the car.