Chapter 13: What's Going On?

A few hours earlier

You run towards the RV.

You: Guys, let's go! We have to--

*BANG!*

Half of your vision is gone, you look at Lee, who's eyes widen.

You: Lee?

You pass out and the last thing you hear are Clem and Lee's screams.

You're now in a familiar room in a bed. You look around to notice that you're in your room before the apocalypse. You look to your right and see only the decorations in your room.

???: Hey goofball.

You turn to your left to see your dad sitting next you.

You: Dad?

Dad: You alright kid?

You hug him and you cry in his embrace. Love from someone is exactly what you need at the moment.

Dad: shh shh shh, it's okay, it's okay.

You: I'm so sorry.

Dad: Enough of that, kid.

You stop hugging him and you look at him as you wipe off your tears.

You: Am I dead?

Dad: At the moment: yes. Katjaa can't get a pulse from you.

You: So when I get my pulse back I'm gonna wake up.

Dad: No, I want to show you a few things before you go back.

You: What kind of things?

Dad: The present and future.

Your dad gets off the bed and walks up to the door, he opens it and a beautiful light covers his whole body.

Dad: Come on, follow me.

You get out of bed and walk towards him, you grab his hand and you both walk outside. You're inside the RV, you see another you and Katjaa is checking the other you's pulse. You see Lee looking at the other you with worry in his eyes.

Lee: Is he breathing?!

Katjaa: ...

You see Clem walk up to the other you. She's crying, this breaks your heart. You see that she has your hat her left hand, she reaches to your hand with her right hand. You feel a warm sensation on your palm and fingers.

Katjaa: I've got a pulse!

Katjaa grabs a med kit and gets to work. You see Lee run outside the RV

Lee: Lily, last chance!

Kenny gets the RV started and is about to drive off, Lily gets in last second. The RV drives off. The scene turns off and you and your dad teleport to a beautiful field of all kinds of flowers.

You: Where are we?

Dad: We're gonna talk about what I just saw.

You're a little confused.

You: You mean what WE saw?

Dad: No, it's more of what I noticed.

You: What did you notice?

Dad: When Katjaa was first checking your pulse you were basically dead. But then Clementine grabbed your hand and you came back to life.

You: What's your point?