Chapter 9: I Tried Warning You

You're in a dark room and you can't move anything. You see figures all around you: Shawn, Doug, your mother, every walker you've ever killedx100000, and your father standing in the middle of all of them. They all have white, pale and soulless eyes.

All of them: Why'd you do it Y/N?

You: What?

Dad: Why'd you let us die, goofball?

Mom: Why didn't you shoot the corpse when it was on top of me sooner?

Doug: Why'd you have to stand up for Duck and get knocked out, allowing me to die?

Shawn: Why didn't you have enough bullets, kiddo?

Walkers: Why'd you kill us?

Everyone keeps chanting "why'd you let us die?" over and over and over and over again.

You: Stop!

They keep chanting.

You: Please stop! Make it stop!

They all then scream at you, causing you to wake up to actual screams coming from the barn, they sound like a man's. It's dark out, windy, stormy and rainy.

You: What the hell?!

You climb down the tree and run to the front gate, you're almost there and you hear a gunshot. You hide in the cornfield, you hear rustling and you pull out your revolver. You check the cylinder, 3 left. You flip the cylinder back into the gun with a movement of your wrist.

You hear arguing coming from the barn. Something about "tainted meat" and "the vet" and something about how "this is not how the world works now."

You see Kenny run to the house, but remain hidden as you knew it wasn't the right time. You hear rustling a few feet away from you and you pull out your knife and get into defensive position. You see a walker walk by and get out of defensive position because it can't see you.

You: This should be easy.

You're about to stab its temple, but you hear more rustling and step back about 3 yards. It's Carley and Ben! They must've noticed you were gone. You hear a familiar voice.

???: Kenny?!

You take a closer look and see Lee crouching next to some hay, he notices the walker to his right and sees Carley hit it over the head with an object. She's in a crouched position walking towards Lee.

Lee: Carley!

Carley: Lee?

Ben: Ow!

Carley: Shh! Lee is Y/N with you guys?

Lee: I thought you were looking out for him!

Carley: We were and decided to head out not too long ago, we went to tell Y/N in his room, but he wasn't anywhere to be found. We came here thinking he just decided to follow the group! What happened here?

Lee: Larry's dead, they chopped off Mark's legs and tried to feed them to us!

Your thoughts: "Oh Y/N your so foolish" they said! "What's the worst that could possibly happen?" they said!

Carley: Shit! Is everyone else okay?

Lee: They've still got Duck and Katjaa in the house and I don't know where the fuck Kenny is!

You've heard enough and figured you need to get into position in case what's about to happen takes place outside. You slowly and quietly walk out of the cornfield. You find a good spot and lay low. After a couple of minutes you hear screams from the house.