Chapter 105: Hope

It's morning. You still have the leader's blood covering your face. You sit on the floor, leaning against the car. Clem's comforting AJ inside the car. El's keeping watch.

Clem's POV
AJ: Is Y/N okay?

Clem: I don't know, AJ... I don't know. I hope so... Do you understand why he did what he did?

He nods.

AJ: They were gonna hurt us.

Clem: That's right.

AJ: Because of something Y/N did?

Clem: ...I think so. But it wasn't his fault, okay?

AJ: Okay...

You look out the window to see Y/N leaned against the car.

AJ: I'm glad he saved me.

Clem: Me too... I should probably check on him.

AJ: Okay.

Your POV
You hear the driver's seat open and someone steps out. It's Clem. She sits right next to you.

Clem: Hey...

You: ...Is he okay?

She nods.

Clem: Yeah, he's fine.

You nod.

You: Good.

Clem: Are YOU okay?

You shrug.

You: He didn't beat me too bad.

Clem: That's not what I meant.

You look at Clem.

You: You mean mentally?

She nods.

You: I'm...I'm fine... I just snapped when I saw that guy get on top of AJ... I'm sorry if I scared you.

Clem: You didn't scare me. You saved us.

You look down.

You: Yeah, I know... I just wish AJ didn't see have to see that.

Clem: He said he understands.

You: He shouldn't.

Clem: He's just glad you saved him... Y/N, those people deserved what they got. You shouldn't feel sorry for them.

You look at Clem.

You: I don't. I feel sorry because AJ has to grow up in a world filled with walkers and people who do things like that...

You look back at the ground.

You: He shouldn't have to deal with what we went through... I just wanna protect him from these God forsaken times. AJ shouldn't have to carry a knife with him every day. He should be living his life, Clem.

Clem: ...You protected us. You saved us. You can't blame yourself for the actions of a crazy group of bandits.

She grabs your chin and makes you look at her.

Clem: AJ didn't get raped because of you... That's something you should be thinking about.

You nod.

She kisses you.

Clem: Come on. We have a settlement to find.

Timeskip
You're in the car with everyone. You thought that it was necessary to take El's bindings off permanently. You washed the blood on your face off.

El: Take a right, here.

You turn the car to see a settlement with metal walls and guards on top of guard towers. They all have Henry rifles.

Elric: Welcome to the Foundation.

The two guards on top of the gate aim at you.

Guard: Identify yourself!

Elric steps out with his hands up.

Elric: It's me, guys!

Guard: Elric. Who're those guys?

Elric: Those are the recruits I was tracking.

Guard: Aight.

He yells down to someone behind the gate.

Guard: Yo! Open it up!

The gates slowly start to open.

Elric looks at you.

Elric: Come on, guys.

You all step out of the car.

The gates open completely and four guards with Henry rifles walk out.

Guard: We were told to escort you in by the commander.

You: Okay...

The guards walk you, Clem, and AJ inside the community. It has a windmill, houses, more teenagers, crops, farm animals, and so much more. In the middle of the settlement there's a town hall, that looks like it used to be an old mayor's office.

Guard: Please put your hands against the wall, so that we can confiscate any weapons.

You, Clem, and AJ walk over to the metal walls. You all put your hands on the wall and the guards start patting you all down. They put all of your weapons in a bin.

Guard: All set.

You all turn around.

Clem: So when can we get those back?

Guard: When we can learn to trust you. Now follow me.

You all follow behind the guard. You walk by a group of teenagers. A few of the girls look at you flirtatiously, which makes you raise your eyebrow.

You all walk up the steps to the town hall and two guards open the doors. You walk into the town hall to see the very decorative designs.

Guard: Please follow me to the commander's office.

You all walk up a staircase.

You: This commander? Is he cool with us staying?

Guard: We'll see.

You all make it to the top of the stairs. Two guards open the doors to what seems to be an office. You all walk into the office.

Guard: The commander will be here shortly.

The guard walks out and the other guards close the doors.

Clem: This place doesn't seem so bad. She says, sitting on a couch.

You: Lotta guns. You say, looking at all the shelves that are filled with decorations.

Clem: Is that bad?

You: No. I'm just saying how secure this place is.

You walk over to the desk and you look at it. Something crazy catches your eye. A family portrait. You pick it up and you look at it with confusion. It's not just any family portrait...

It's YOUR family portrait.

You: What the hell?

The doors open and you hear people talking.

???: Make sure that that car isn't rigged.

Guard: Yes, sir.

???: Now...

Someone walks in. It's someone who you thought was dead.

The person looks at you in shock.

You: Jack?