Chapter 8: I Got a Bad Feeling

You see Lee, Mark and Carley walk away with those two guys, as you sit and spin the cylinder of your revolver. Lily walks up to you.

Lily: Hey, kid, what'ya doin?

You ignore her question.

You: I don't like those guys.

Lily raises her eyebrow and has a confused expression on her face.

Lily: Why not?

You: My dad was a sheriff, he was able to read people like a book. One time he caught this shoplifter walking down the street. My dad saw him and asked if he's seen anyone like who recently came out a gas station wearing a black hoodie, blue jeans, and work boots. The man obviously said no, and he thought he could get away with it because he was wearing a white hoodie, but my dad knew he was lying, and he arrested him. Turns out, that guy not only robbed that one gas station, but he also robbed two others within the same week.

Lily: What's your point?

You stop spinning the cylinder and flick it back in place with the movement of your wrist.

You: My point is, is that I know when someone's lying...

You look up at her right, in her eyes and stand up.

You: Or just not telling the whole truth.

You walk off and put your gun in your holster, while Lily looks at you walk away.

Lily says to herself: How bad could they possibly be?

Time skip

Carley: Hey, guys! Open up!

You run out of your room to see Carley carrying a basket full of biscuits, and Ben of course, carrying nothing.

Lily: Jesus, are these biscuits?!

Carley: Yeah, well we ate a few on the way, sorry.

Lily: Huh, looks like someone can't read people as good as they thought.

Lily says with playful sarcasm, which makes you scoff.

You: Don't get your hopes up.

Lily: How do you even know they're not trustworthy?

You: Two things, 1: I noticed the dude in the blue shirt kept on trying to see if he could get a glimpse of the guy Lee and Mark found, he was most likely wondering if it was something that they caused.

Lily: And your second reason?

You: All the men in my family had a thing where their left knee bone would twitch when someone would lie to them, or wasn't telling the whole truth. That's exactly what happened.

Larry: So we're just supposed to rely on this maggot's knee bone? That's ridiculous.

Kenny: Yeah, kid, I don't really wanna risk a meal for my family cuz of your twitching knee.

You: Trust me, when the time comes you'll be either thanking me or apologizing to me.

Larry: Are we gonna leave now or what?

You look over at Clementine because in the corner of your eye, you saw her looking at you. When she realizes you looked at her she quickly looks back at Carley, making you raise your eyebrow in confusion.

Carley: I think Ben and I are gonna stay here, keep the place safe for a bit, in case things don't go as planned.

You: I'm staying too, trust me, if you know what's good for, you'll stay here too.