Chapter 154: We Haven't Met

You, Clem, AJ, Louis, and Willy are walking through the forest, on your way to find the Delta's boat. You're looking at your map, trying to follow the Delta's path. You put the map away.

Clem: Once we find the boat, we'll look for a way to sneak on board.

Willy: Yeah, if Tenn doesn't fuck it up this time.

AJ stops walking and turns around.

AJ: It wasn't Tenn's fault.

Willy stops walking.

Willy: Yes, it was!

You and Clem stop walking.

Willy: Mitch died because he--

AJ: Say one more thing about Tenn. I dare you.

You and Clem walk up to AJ.

Louis whisper: Guys...there it is!

You all turn around to see an armored boar in the distance. You all start sneaking up to it through the trees. You all stop at a safe distance away.

You and Clem look at each other. AJ takes out his binoculars and looks through them.

You whisper: You see anything?

AJ whisper: The beach, um, a boat, and, uh...a wood street in the water.

Clem whisper: That's called a pier.

He lowers his binoculars and looks at Clem.

AJ whisper: Pier.

You whisper: Okay, let's spread out and focus on those areas. You say, grabbing AJ's binoculars and putting them away. Keep your heads low.

You all start to disperse.

You walk up to Willy.

You whisper: Anything useful?

Willy whisper: Looks like building material, furniture. Probably stuff from the train station.

You take out your telescope and you see a bunch of supplies on rafts.

You whisper: They're loading those rafts with supplies.

Willy whisper: I could cut those loose and just ride them downriver. Easy.

You see some supplies on the pier.

You whisper: Sheet metal, wood...and quite a bit of it.

Willy whisper: We should have that stuff!

You see a torch on the pier.

You whisper: Huh. Are those torches?

Willy whisper: Maybe. Why?

You whisper: We could use the fire.

You put the telescope away.

You whisper: Stay sharp.

He nods.

You see something on the ground and you pick it up.

You whisper: A rabbit's foot?

Willy whisper: Omar used to carry around a rabbit's foot. You don't think...?

You whisper: We'll take it home. We can give it back to him once we've saved him.

You put the rabbit's foot in your pocket and you walk away. You walk around to find a horseshoe on the ground.

You whisper: Must've fallen off one of the horses when the raiders came through.

You put it away.