Chapter 51: The Radio

You and Clem walk back into the yard to see the group gathered around the campfire. The door closes behind you and Clem.

Kenny: 'Cause we all know what happened this morning! I don't know what that son of a bitch is gonna do next!

The lady who closed it walks away.

Mike: So you wanna ring the dinner bell for a herd of walkers to show up? How is that better?

You and Clem walk over to them.

Kenny: 'Cause this place'll be fucking chaos when that thing hits. No one'll be payin' any attention to us. And that's when we go. That's our opening. We just gotta figure out a way to draw 'em to us.

You don't walk over to the campfire, you walk over to the cots. You just wanna be alone right now. Clem takes note of this and walks up to you.

Clem: Y/N, aren't you coming?

You look down and shake your head.

You: I-...I just wanna be left alone.

She seems to understand.

Clem: Oh...okay.

You walk over to the cots and you take your hat off and lie down.

Clem's POV
You watch Y/N lie down in the cot. You feel a lot of sympathy for him. Fuck Carver.

You walk over and sit down.

Kenny: Hey...

Kenny looks at Y/N.

Kenny: Is he feelin' alright?

Kenny looks back at you.

Clem: I'll talk to you about it later.

Kenny: Okay?

Rebecca: Your friend here wants to get us killed by lurkers before Bill can do it.

Kenny: What is it with you?

Rebecca: That's what it sounds like to me.

Sarita: You know that's not what he's saying, but...it does sound dangerous.

Kenny: This shit is all dangerous!

Sarita: Kenny! Do not speak to me like that.

Kenny: Okay, okay. Sorry.

Clem: Sound draws walkers...there was this girl, Molly...she used bells to control where they moved.

Kenny: Yeah, that's right. She had em' runnin' all over Crawford. We just need somethin' loud.

Rebecca: Well, unless you've got a megaphone tucked in your pocket, it doesn't help us much now. I still vote we get Luke the radio and wait for an opening.

Kenny: Oh, come on...

Clem: You know about Luke?

Mike: He flagged us down when Troy wasn't lookin'. Told us his plan...mentioned he'd talked to you.

Rebecca: If Luke can tell us what's going on with the guards, we can use that to pick a good time to escape.

Sarita: That seems reasonable.

Kenny: Who knows when that'll be? Look, Clem had it right. We just need something loud to get their attention.

Sarita: The PA system Carver is always using is quite loud.

Mike: There's some speakers outside the building...pointed toward the parking lot. I saw 'em when we were walking out to the work. Troy's always standing next to one of them. There are a few along the roof.