Chapter 112: Brothers Hunting

One week later
You and Jack are walking through the woods, hunting. You have your bow, and Jack has a crossbow. Jack is tracking a deer. He stops walking and crouches next to some dung. You stop walking to see what he's doing.

Jack: Oh, yeah. Shouldn't be too far.

He stands up and you both continue walking.

Jack: ...Did dad ever take you hunting?

You: Nah. He wanted to make sure that I could shoot one handed weapons first. Which...was the last thing he taught me.

Jack gives you a sympathetic look.

Jack: I'm sorry, man. I shouldn't've brought him up.

You: It's alright.

You both spot the deer.

You both crouch down behind some bushes.

Jack whisper: You wanna take this one?

You whisper: Sure.

You take out an arrow and you load it onto your bow. You aim. You take a deep breath in and in the middle of breathing out, you fire. The arrow hits the deer in the side of the head.

Jack: Nice shot.

He stands up.

You: Thanks.

You stand up and you both walk over to the dead deer. You take out the arrow and you put it away.

Jack: We should just get one more, then I think we're all set.

You nod.

Jack ties the deer's legs together and he picks him up. He carries the deer over his shoulders.

Jack: Come on.

You both start walking through the woods.

Jack: When'd you start dating Clem?

You: We were like...thirteen, or something. We were split up for a long time.

Jack: Why?

You: You heard of Wellington?

Jack: I think so.

You: Well, we made it to Wellington with our friend Kenny. They said that they couldn't take anymore people in, but Kenny said that he'd leave if we could stay. They said that they could only take two children, so I made the call... Clem and AJ stayed, and me and Kenny left. Kenny died, and Wellington got taken by the New Frontier.

Jack: Those assholes?

You: It's better now. We were part of a siege, so our friend Javi's running it now. Clem joined them because AJ was sick, and they were the only ones that could help.

Jack: Clementine was part of the New Frontier?!

You: She had no choice, Jack. In the end, they didn't even help him. So Clem stole medicine from them to try and get AJ better. They caught her and kicked her out, but they kept AJ. Clem and I met up a short while after. That same night, we kissed. And it's just history from there.

Jack sighs.

Jack: I don't like her.

You: What?

Jack looks at you.

Jack: I don't like Clementine. She seems to only give you trouble.

You: She does not! Clem and I have been protecting each other since we were eight!

Jack: Look...I'm just thinking about what's best for you.

You stop walking.

You: How the hell do you know what's best for me?