Chapter 62: The Newborn

Your POV
You make it back to Parker's Run. You see Rebecca leaning against a brick column, and Kenny sitting on the fountain.

Rebecca: I'm not supposed to be in labor yet, Kenny. What if something's wrong?

Kenny: Nothing's wrong. Babies know how to be born.

Rebecca spots you.

Rebecca: Y/N!

You walk up next to Kenny.

Kenny: What'd you find?

You: The building around back has an observation deck.

Rebecca: Somewhere the baby will be safer? It's coming so much faster than I thought.

Kenny: I told you, you're getting yourself worked up over nothing.

You: There's a room up there that might be good for when Rebecca has the baby. Jane's trying to get it open.

Kenny: Sounds good. As soon as Clem, Mike, Vince, and Bonnie are back, we'll go.

Rebecca: Hey, Y/N.

You walk in front of Rebecca to hear what she has to say.

Rebecca: Glad you made it back safe.

You: How are you feeling?

Rebecca: Scared. And it hurts.

Kenny: Hmph.

Rebecca: I wish Alvin was here.

You: Everything Alvin did was for you and the baby. Back at Carver's, in the office, he stayed behind to stop the people chasing us. He died to keep us safe.

Rebecca: Jesus. Of course. Of course he did. I know it's a waste of time, but I can't stop thinking about things I should've said to him... Things I should've talked to him about. How am I ever gonna do this without him?

You: Alvin told me that he thinks the baby's gonna be a girl.

Rebecca: Oh, yeah? That big dummy never did have a sense for these things. I've got a feeling this one's a boy. You're a good kid, Y/N. I'm glad you and Clem'll be there to watch out for this baby. Ugh! Oh, shit...

Kenny steps up.

Kenny: I got this.

You: Jane and I found some medicine...

You take out the bottle of pain killers.

You: Is it safe for her to take?

Kenny grabs the pills and inspects the bottle.

Kenny: Hmm...

He shrugs his shoulders.

Kenny: Well, should make her more comfortable anyway.

Rebecca grabs the pills. Rebecca begins to open the bottle.

Rebecca: Y/N, you are my favorite person in the entire world. She says, with a chuckle.

You smile.

Rebecca takes the pills.

You decide to get some rest. You walk over to the fountain and you sit down and lean against the wall.

Dream
You sit in a field of flowers. Everything seems so peaceful.

You stand up. You look around, to find nothing. There's no one in sight. Just you and flowers.

You hear a voice being carried by the wind. You can't make out what the voice is saying, all you hear are whispers.

You turn around and see no one. You look back and all of the flowers are dead.