Chapter 12: The Roadblock

Clementine's POV

You wake up to Lee shaking you a little.

Clem: What's going on?

Lee: There's a train ahead of us, we need to move it. But for now we all need to wait outside.

Clem: Okay, Lee.

You look to your left to see Y/N is still unconscious. Lee walks over to him to pick him up bridal style. You all walk outside and spot a place to sit on a log, you sit down while Lee places Y/N on his back right next to you. A tear falls down from your eye seeing Y/N like this.

Clem's thoughts: He's always been the one to protect me, but I've never protected him. I owe him my life, but now I'll probably never be able to make it up to him... I might not be able to thank him.

Kenny: Don't you worry about that kid there, Clementine. Y/N is as tough as nails. Hell, he saved my boy countless times.

Clem: If he wakes up, I'm gonna spend the rest of my life trying to repay him.

Kenny: WHEN he wakes up, when.

You smile at Kenny and he smiles back. The train then makes a noise causing you to jump. Kenny looks at the train.

Kenny: Holy shit...

Clem: Swear.

Kenny: Sorry, pumpkin.

Kenny walks to the train and gets inside.

After what feels like hours you hear rustling coming from the bushes. You stand up and look into the bushes. A dirty old man with a shovel comes from the bushes.

Hobo: Sorry, didn't mean to frighten ya. I just noticed that you guys are trying to steal my home.

Clem: Uhhh...

You look away and rub your arm.

Hobo: It's alright, I understand... Hey, kid.

You look back at the hobo.

Hobo: You want some candy?

Kenny: What the hells goin on out here?

Hobo: Nice to meet you.

Kenny: What did you ask the girl?

Hobo: I offered some candy.

Kenny raises his eyebrow.

Kenny: The hell?

Hobo: Look I'll just give the kids some, and just hang out for a bit. I'm Chuck.

Kenny: Kenny. That there's Clementine, Duck, Katjaa and shitbird. We got another man back there trying to detach the train, if you wanna say hello.

Chuck hands you, Ben and Duck candy. Chuck looks at Y/N.

Chuck: He feelin' alright?

You look down.

Kenny: Kid lost his eye a few hours ago.

Chuck: Oh. Sorry.

You nod. Chuck walks off to where it seems like he sleeps.

About a minute later Chuck and Lee come back and they're having a conversation, but you can't be bothered, you're just too focused on Y/N. Lee walks over to you. He gets down on one knee.

Lee: We're taking the train, we should be headed right towards Savannah. Do you need anything from the RV?

Clem: Yeah.

Lee: Alright, go get it, and we'll be off.

You walk towards the RV and get inside. You look around to see if you can find the thing you're looking for. You look on the table to see Y/N's hat, you grab it and walk outside. You see Lee and Kenny standing next to the train. You talk to Lee.

Clem: Duck's sick.

Kenny: Get on the train, Clementine.

You hop onto the train to see Y/N laying on the floor.

Clem's thoughts: He needs something to rest his head on.

You try to look for something like a pillow, but you can't find anything.

Clem's thoughts: Maybe he can rest his head on my legs.

You get down and lift his head up and put it on your lap. You feel the train start to slowly move, you look at Katjaa who's holding Duck in her arms. You see Ben sitting down. You look down at Y/N and you bring his hand up to hold it. You rub Y/N's head and after about a minute you feel fingers intertwine with yours, you look at Y/N who slowly opens his left eye.

A/N: Sorry about not publishing yesterday, I had to get a lot of school work done, it's almost done I swear. Once I'm caught up on everything, I guarantee you more uploads. Also please let me know if you think I'm doing good with this story or if I'm not, I'm all for constructive criticism. Anyways, thank you for reading, and I hope to see your comments in the next chapter, have a good day!