Chapter 113: Skinners

You're in your room, sitting on your bed next to Clementine.

Clem: Just a random deer?

You: Yeah. They didn't even put it out of its misery--the sick bastards. This place isn't as safe as we thought it was.

Clem: This place has walls and defenses. I don't think a few hunters are gonna be much of a problem.

You: That's what we thought about the bandits when we went to the dairy; look how that turned out.

Clem: This place isn't the dairy. These people aren't that family. This is an actual settlement that's armed to the teeth.

You sigh.

You: I hope you're right, Clem... I hope.

Clementine puts her hand on your shoulder.

Clem: We're gonna be fine.

You nod.

She leans her head on your shoulder. You kiss her forehead.

You: I want this place to be our home.

Clem: Me too. I hope it works out the way we want.

Someone knocks on the door.

You: It's unlocked.

Jack walks in.

Jack: Hey.

You: Hey.

He sits in your chair.

Jack: So we gotta talk about the Skinners.

You: Okay. What about?

Jack: Not here--with the council.

Clem: Council?

Small timeskip
You and Clem are brought to a meeting area with a few other men around a table, including Elric. You and Clem stand next to Elric.

Elric: You guys are here?

You: Guess so.

Jack: Alright, everyone. While my brother and I were hunting, we found a deer with an arrow in it.

Council member 1: What's the big deal?

Jack: The big deal is that it belonged to the Skinners.

Everyone around the table looks at each other. El looks at you and Clem. You all look back at Jack.

Jack: They're here. We didn't give them the animals, and they want revenge. We don't know when they'll attack, but my knee bone shakes every time I look at that arrow. And it shakes more and more with every second that goes by. One thing we do know is that we need to stay on guard. We need guards patrolling every second... And we need reinforcements.

Council member 2: But who? We only know our own settlement. Who will we call?

You: I've got a few ideas.

Everyone looks at you.

Council member 1: Is that so?

You: Yes.

Council member 1: Who?

You: There are a few communities that would lend a hand. The New Frontier, the Hilltop, the Kingdom, and Alexandria. If we can get their help, I'm sure that a few hunters won't stand a chance.

Council member 3: Why would they help us?

You: Because we've helped them. I ended the war between the Saviors and the three communities. They owe me a favor.