Chapter 23: Bell Ringer

You and Clem are walking down the streets of Savannah. You get in cover behind a corner, you peek around.

You: It's clear. Come on, they shouldn't be much farther.

Clem: How do you know?

You: They said that they were headed down River Street, so I'm just following the signs.

You around another corner to see Lee on top of of someone, aiming his gun at them.

Clem: Lee?

Lee turns around to see you and Clementine.

Lee: Kids?

The person underneath him reaches for something, but Lee notices it and pays attention. The person slowly takes off their hood. They reveal themselves to be a woman with blonde hair. Lee's eyes widen.

Woman: You're not from Crawford.

Lee: You're not the guy on the radio.

Woman: I'm not a guy at all. Full marks for observation. Mind if I get up?

Lee: Slowly...

Lee gets off of the woman and she stands up. She takes off her mask. Lee lowers his gun. Kenny walks from behind the corner with his gun raised. The woman hears his footsteps.

Lee: Kenny, don't!

When Kenny gets close the woman sweeps his leg with hers. Kenny falls, making his gun go off. The woman walks over to Kenny and kicks he gun. Kenny clenches his fist as he looks at her angrily. The woman raises her pick to finish him off. She swings down but stops mid-swing when Lee calls out.

Lee: No! He's with us!

The woman turns her head and Kenny stands up. The woman is staring at you and Clem, mostly you 'cause of the whole eye thing. The woman crosses her arms.

Woman: Who the hell are you people?

Lee: I asked you first.

She turns her whole body to Lee.

Woman: The name's Molly.

Lee: Molly, I'm Lee, this is Kenny, Y/N and Clementine. We're not looking for any trouble.

Clementine: Hi.

Molly looks at you and Clementine. Clementine waves. Molly looks back at Lee.

Molly: You guys really aren't from Crawford, are you?

Lee: I don't even know what that is.

Molly: Everything beyond that barricade. She says pointing her thumb at the wall of walkers.

Lee: What the hell happened here?

Molly: You sure you wanna know?

Lee nods.

Molly: When everything went to shit, some people got together and sealed off that whole neighborhood. Folks willing to do anything to stay alive, stop the dead getting in. I try to avoid 'em.

Kenny: Why?

Molly: Let's just say they have a zero-tolerance policy for anyone who won't--or can't--live by their rules.

Kenny: So how'd you know we weren't them?

Molly is silent, she then looks at you and Clementine.

Molly: Because there are no children in Crawford. Not anymore.

Lee: What do you mean, no children? Why not?

Molly: No children, no elderly, no one with an advanced medical condition. Basically no one who might be a burden on the community. Crawford's all about the survival of the fittest. That's how they survived, while the rest of the world went to shit around them.