Chapter 162: Fear

Your POV
A few minutes later
You wake up on the shoreline with some of the ship's debris on top of your back. You're pale and sweaty. Your bones feel weak. Your tinted lense is cracked. Your hat is missing.

You look up to see all the walkers and people are gone. They must've got attracted to something.

You: Okay, c'mon...

You try lifting the debris, but you're too weak. Your body's not strong enough. You groan as you try it again, but to no avail. It feels like your whole body's asleep.

You start to hyperventilate.

You: Hello?!

No one responds.

You: HELLO?! GUYS, I'M OVER HERE, I'M--I'M STUCK!

You can't hear anyone back.

You: Guys?! CLEM?! ANYONE?! Please, I need help!

No responds to your cries for help. You look down and you cry.

???: Hey...get up.

You look up slowly to see your dad.

You: ...Dad?

He smiles at you.

Dad: What're you doin', goofball?

You: Dad...dad, I can't move... You say, looking at the floor.

Dad: That's a load of bullshit.

You look up at your dad in confusion.

Dad: You're Y/N L/N. You can do anything.

You: Dad, I'm trapped...

Dad: You survived one of the deadliest cancers known to man. You walked through an ocean of walkers with a piece of glass and my revolver to save your friend. You burnt the Saviors to the ground the first day of not being their prisoner. You're telling me you can't even handle THIS? Look, I know this is hard. But right now, Clem and AJ need you.

You: I don't know what to do...

Dad: You have to man up and push that shit off of you. I know you can do it.

You look down.

You: ...I'm scared...

Dad: What happened to you?

You look at your dad.

Dad: ...You used to be so brave and fearless. You looked death right in the eye hundreds of times. So if you think you're dying tonight, you're wrong. You know why? 'Cause you need to be here. You need to be here for Clementine and AJ. If you give up, then you saw them for last time. Do you understand how shitty that is? You can't just leave Clementine alone with AJ to raise by herself... When you say that you can or cannot do something, you're usually right. So get the hell up...get to Clementine and AJ...and fucking survive.

You put on a face of determination and nod. You let out a deep breath.

You: Survive...

You build up all of your strength and you start trying to lift the debris off of your back.

Dad: That's it.

You start screaming as you lift the debris higher.

Dad: You can do it!

The debris gets higher and higher.

Dad: Yes!

You grab onto the debris with your hands and you continue pushing.

You manage to get on your feet and lift. The debris starts to feel lighter now that you can use your legs to help you. You look up and you start shaking.

You manage to get the debris off of your back. You drop the debris behind you. You put your hands on your knees and you start coughing.

You look at your right leg to see it bleeding.

You look up and you don't see anyone.

You: ...Thanks, old man.

You look down to see your hat and Clem's caught on a rock. You pick them up. You look at yours for a few seconds. You put it on and you put Clementine's away.

You: I'm coming, Clementine.

You limp over to one of the dead raiders. He has your revolver laying next to his corpse. You pick up the revolver and you check the cylinder. One bullet.

You check the man for any extra ammo. All he has are smoke grenades, a flare gun, a combat knife, morphine, and some bandages.

You: Damn it.

You sigh as you put them away. You bandage up your leg.

You: ...One'll have to do.

You holster your revolver.

You take off your glasses and you look at them. You drop them on the floor. You start limping away from the scene, stepping on your glasses in the process.