Chapter 96: From The Gallows

You see walkers pore into Richmond. You grab Clem's hand and you both run over to cover.

Javier: Kate!

Javier runs over to the truck.

You see soldiers shooting at you and Clem. You grab Clem and you dive behind cover.

Clem: Shit! There's no way out of this!

You: We'll find a way!

You look around for something you could use while Clem attempts to shoot at the soldiers. You see a frying pan on the floor. You grab it.

You: I have an idea!

Clem: Whatever you're gonna do, do it fast!

You wait for the right moment.

...

You throw the frying pan in the air. You take out your revolver.

*BANG!*
You shoot the frying pan. The bullet bounces off the frying pan and hits one of the soldiers in the head. This throws the other soldiers off guard. You take this as an advantage and you shoot the other soldiers in the face.

You grab Clem's hand and you both start running. You both make it to the apartment building, but you get cornered by walkers at the entrance.

You: Hey, Clem?

Clem: Yeah?

You: You remember the slide thing?

Clem: Oh, yeah.

You run over to a group of walkers and you slide underneath them, causing them to fall on their faces. Clementine takes out her knife and starts stabbing the walkers.

You: Fuck, I missed that!

Clem chuckles.

You take out Retribution and you start swinging at incoming walkers.

You both clear out the walkers. You and Clem smile at each other.

Javier, Gabe, Kate, and David run over to you.

Javier: You guys alright?

Clem: Yeah.

You: We're fine.

You all look at the walkers that are walking inside of Richmond.

Kate: Look at them. There's so many!

David: We'll be safer inside! Get in!

You all run inside of the building.

You all make it to the stairwell. You, Javier, and David barricade the door.

Javier: That should hold them for now.

David turns to Gabe.

David: You put up a good fight out there.

Gabe turns around.

Gabe: Hey... Dad. I'm glad you made it out.

Kate: Joan's probably looking for us.

Gabe: No. She isn't. Javi shot her.

Kate: What?!

David: Good riddance.

Gabe: You were negotiating. I heard you. You didn't have to shoot! Everyone started panicking and shooting. We almost died!

You: That herd would've killed us either way. And besides--Joan would've just killed us... Especially me.

Javier: You know what Joan's done: Prescott, Mariana... They're gone because of her. Y/N's right. I couldn't trust her to keep her word.

Gabe: We'll never know now.