Chapter 1

As Emma brushed her long blond hair she starred in the mirror watching her soft blue nightgown drape over her slim body and then to her rosy cheeks. She thought of how lucky she was to have Snow White and Prince Charming as her parents, they had just thrown her a ball that night to celebrate her 18th birthday and it was magical. Her parents made sure she knew she was loved from the second she was born and made sure her worries were always little. She loved everything about them, the way they shared kindness with everyone and always saw the best in people. She sometimes thought they were too kind, but who was she to judge they were hardly like any other royals she had heard of. She would often hear her parents talk about how their alliances with other kingdoms would marry off their children just to keep the peace and expand alliances but her parents refused to do that to their only daughter. They wanted her to find her own love in her own time, whoever it may be and she had to admit she was grateful.

Her thoughts were interrupted when there was a knock at her door.

"You may enter." Princess Emma said as her guards open the door to let her mother and father into her bedroom.

"Are you prepared for your departure tomorrow?" her mother asked.

    "Yes, mother." Emma said with a smile.

Tomorrow Emma was to leave on a royal ship and visit her kingdom's alliances to see how they were doing. She was quite excited as she had spent her entire life within Misthaven learning her royal duties and finishing up her studies to become her kingdom's future ruler. This was normally one of her parent's duties, but she begged them to let her go as she was a woman now and her kingdom's soon-to-be ruler. She thought it was time to be more involved with their alliances as they would be hers one day.

"Are you sure you don't want us to accompany you?" Her father asked with concern all in his voice.

"No father, this is something I need to do on my own. I'll be fine, the finest knights and August will be at my side. You don't need to worry" Emma said reassuringly.

August had been at Emma's side since she was little to watch over her and protect her when her parents were attending royal duties. He was trusted with Emma's life and he never took it lightly.

"We know darling..." Her mother said, trying to hide her sadness.

Snow and Charming knew they raised their daughter well, she was mannered and knew how to handle herself in any situation, and very strong-willed. They even taught her how to fight and defend herself if ever needed. She could more than take care of herself, but that will never take away the fact that that was their little girl and it was time for her to have her own adventure without them.

"I must admit I'm excited to see the other kingdoms, maybe I'll finally find a suitor." Emma said, shaking her parents from their worrying thoughts.

"Oh Emma you mustn't worry about that, your love will come when the time is right." Her mother said, never wanting her daughter to think she had to marry to keep an alliance.

"Your mother is right, and when this guy does come along just know I'll be here to set him straight." Charming said holding up his fist with a smile making his wife and daughter laugh.

God, she loved her parents and even though her first journey would be long she knew it was her time to show not only her kingdom but herself that she was more than just a princess and that she could be the future ruler her parents believe she will be.

Her parents bid her goodnight and she went to bed with the thoughts of what tomorrow will bring. She was nervous, thoughts of damaging their kingdom's alliances filled her head as she was known to speak her mind, which was often frowned upon as she was a princess. She quickly pushed those thoughts away and thought about how wonderful it would be to find love on her journey, to find love like her parents. She slowly drifted off to sleep thinking of finding someone who would love her unconditionally and whom she'd love in return...

Please feel free to leave a comment and any suggestions! This is my first fanfic!! :) 

Stay tuned for more, in the next chapter she says bye to her parents and receives a gift! Chapter 3 will have Killian ;)