This.

"Excuse me sire?" I ask.

"What are you playing at?" Jin says slower, this time glaring at me. I'll go with a simple answer.

"Nothing sire. I live only to serve you" I say.
"For the King, you mean" he says with disgust.
"Yes sire. For the King and the Princes of this land" I say.
"Don't give me that!" He snaps. He takes a deep breath and exhales again.

"I'm sorry to cause you distress" I apologize. There's a thick silence that hangs over us.

He sighs.

"What's your name?" He asks.
"Sire, for you to worry over a simple servant's name like mine is useless to you" I say.

"Fine, then how did you end up here in the first place?" He asks.
"I was hungry sire" I deadpan.

He blinks a few times then looks to the floor as his shoulders start bouncing up and down. After some time, he looks at me again.

"I mean, how did you end up becoming the King's right hand man?" He asks. This is where I need to keep my stories straight. I need to use the one that got me here in the first place.

"My mother was incredibly sick and my father passed away when I was a child. I had to get money for my mother so I started working as a maid. It wasn't much but it was something. The King saw my loyalty to this kingdom and that's how I stand here today, in front of you sire" I finish off my story. He nods. It's silent as he thinks.

"Meet me here, same time, same place tomorrow" he says as he quickly leaves. It's not like I can object anyway.

I leave the kitchen and close the doors again. I walk down the empty halls to my room.

Why do I have to babysit those princes? I can't wait until this mission is over. Then I can stop calling them sire or my lord. It's incredibly annoying but I will do what I must to keep my cover.

I'm not even on the princes' mission yet I'm getting more intel than Natasha. I really should go talk with her. I should swing by her room but first I need to go to my room as to not raise eyebrows.

I open my room's doors and see someone sitting there. The person notices my presence and immediately runs to me.

"I missed you" he says as he hugs me.
"My Lord" I say stiffly. He quickly regains his posture and pulls back.

"I just missed you" he says with a pout.
"My Lord, now that we are alone-" I say but he interrupts me.
"Finally, you are starting to fall in love with me" he says with stars shining in his eyes.

"Apologies my Lord but I am talking about the princes' tutors" I say. He immediately looks depressed.
"You're so mean" he pouts.
"My Lord, their tutors are requesting that they drop a few of their subjects and that they graduate once they think they are ready" I say.

I am sure he is going to say no like he usually does to others without any thought. He looks away and scratches his chin. He then turns to me.

"What do you think?" He asks seriously.
"What do you want me to respond with my Lord?" I  ask.
"Your own opinion" he says.

"My Lord, I am your servant. I shouldn't be the one to make decisions for the princes' futures" I say.
"So, what you are saying is that I should ask my sons?" He says, looking confused.

How did this idiot become King? Oh yeah, by killing the previous King and all who opposed.

"My Lord, I am saying that I have no part in this" I say.
"I want you" he suddenly says.
"My Lor-" I start but he interrupts.
"I want you to be my queen. I can give you all the power in the world" he says as he makes a dark flame over his hand.