I

We finally get back to the palace. The palace air felt so much cooler than the blazing day that I was more than ready to head inside.

The guards we crossed paths with looked surprised to see me. Trust me, I'm surprised too.

Jin wanted to give me a tour the moment we entered the palace. I knew the palace just as well as Jin, maybe even better, but accepted anyway. It gave me an excuse to lounge around with Jin.

The palace felt so empty. There weren't many people besides the occasional guard.

The younger princes wanted to join us but Jin scolded them, something about Joy and her lessons. The groaned as they reluctantly disappeared.

Namjoon, Felix and the General went somewhere, probably to discuss their futures regarding their positions. I really should be in that meeting but I'm sure Namjoon will catch me up to date.

Yoongi and Hoseok was busy having a meeting of their own. Proposals to Namjoon when he finishes with Felix and the General.

"It's so weird to be back" I admit to Jin as we walk through the gardens. He already gave me an idea of the palace. Not much has changed. They simply repaired everything that was broken and prepared the King's bedroom for Joy.

The garden looked very different. Since the landscape was ruined by the King, they had an opportunity to revamp the garden. It wasn't so cold and stiff anymore. It was colorful and all over the place. It looked like a wonderland.

"Really? I don't think it changed that much" Jin says.
"That's because you've been living here with all these changes" I say and Jin smiles, nodding at my reasoning.

"The garden is beautiful" I say as I observe the interesting setting. It was very different from before. The only similarity from before was that it is clearly looked after well.

"Yeah. Jimin and Taehyung really let loose with this place" Jin says with a fond smile, observing the garden with me.
"Jimin and Taehyung?" I ask. I couldn't believe my ears. Are they really this good?

"Yeah. Plants seem to love them" Jin states.
"That's cool. Does everyone have a hobby now?" I ask. He laughs at me.
"We had hobbies before the King. We just had to keep it on the down low" Jin explains.

"Is that why Hoseok danced in the basement?" I ask.
"That and it's cooler down there. It's great during summertime" Jin explains.

"Tell me all about the changes" I say.
"What-the weather?" He asks.
"I mean what you guys have been up to" I explain.

"Right-well I experimented with a few more recipes and I can bake a killer cake now" he says with his charming smile.
"Nice. I'll join you some or other time" I say as I think back on the days we used to bake together through the night.

"We can go now. A celebratory cake. What do you think?" Jin says excitedly.
"Sounds like a plan" I say and we head back to the kitchen.

Once again, Jin does all the work in which I don't help much. I see his book has become fuller. I scan through his book and he has moved on to food besides sweet stuff.

I can feel myself drooling.

"Yeah. It's tiring to cook for so many people. I'm so glad Felix accepted the position. Namjoon says we can't employ any new people right now" Jin snaps me out of my hungry state.

"I mean-it's understandable. This Kingdom's state is very unstable right now. If they were to lose you or accept tainted people now, it will only get worse. The Kingdom doesn't even know your faces" I say.
"Namjoon's working on it" Jin says, not really stopping as if our conversation is trivial.