I

It's been two weeks since the princes left. I haven't heard anything from them yet. I suppose I should go visit them soon, check up on them.

Joy is somewhat getting somewhere and I've been helping Felix. Everyday, I visit his mind to try and get his bad voodoo out. It seems there's a vengeful soul clinging to him. It's difficult to kill a soul and you would need a powerful container to hold a soul that is unwilling to leave a body. I really don't know what to do this time.

I change my tactic a little.

"How did you know about this pen and I need you to take this seriously" I ask Felix again, late at night. I need specific answers.
"My father told me about it" Felix complies.

"How did your father get it?" I ask. Felix shrugs.
"Do you know anything?" I ask.
"Of course" Felix frowns.
"Like what?" I ask with my arms crossed.

He thinks for a little while. He opens his mouth excitedly but shuts it again as he stares at the ceiling, squinting his eyes at some point.

"Oh-the pen unlocks your potential and amplifies it. Mine is fire. It is actually pretty uncommon to have more than one power so the King is-well-was a special case" Felix looks at me like a dog expecting a treat.

"What else? Do you know where it came from? Who made it?" I ask and he shakes his head in disappointment.

"I only knew about the pen because my dad told me about it. He told me to steal it off the King, infiltrate the palace and stuff. I refused and then he went missing and then he popped into my head" he explains. I suppose that conversation of Felix and the King was actually between his dad and the King-if it even is his dad.

At this point, I'm very open to believing it's his dad investing his mind. He had something to do with magic. He had a motive. He just needed a way to get into the palace without the detection of the King which would be his son. It falls perfectly into place.

"What happened the day your dad appeared in your head?" I ask.
"I had an anxious dream about my dad, woke up and BAM! He's in my head. Not as fun as what it might seem" Felix sighs.

I think a little. I have no idea how to go off from that...

"Can you talk with your dad?" I ask.
"No. He's the one talking to me."
"What else does he say?" I need to dig deeper or I will never get answers.

"Hateful things, he's always planning something and always trying to tell me what to do. It's annoying but not much has changed. The only difference is that he's in my head...Can we stop talking about this? It's actually pretty depressing" Felix says as he looks sadly to the ground.

"Right. Sorry" I say shortly.
"Anything else about magic?" I ask again.
"Not really. I know as much as you now" Felix says with a crooked smile, looking me straight in the eyes.

I give a crooked smile back.

"I don't think I've ever seen that expression before" Felix says with an amused smirk plastered on his face. I shrug as I drop the smile, returning to my ever neutral face.

"What are we going to do now?" Felix asks, dropping his smirk for a serious expression. I already told him that I need some sort of container for his bad voodoo.

"I'm not sure" I answer reluctantly. We sit a bit in silence to think of possible solutions.

"Hey-I wanted to know. What kind of magical device do you have?" Felix asks with curious eyes as the idea popped into his head. He still thinks I'm a telepath and it seems the only way in his brain to activate powers is with a magical tool. I decide to tell him the truth.