Everyone

Once the King went to bed, I was finally free. I still had the evening with Jin. I hope he won't be in a grumpy mood, I just can't handle that right now.

I walk into the kitchen to see Jin with ingredients out as usual.

"Good evening Sire" I say to gather his attention. He quickly turns to me.
"Hey" he says with a smile. Seems like he's calm.

"I was thinking of fudge" he says as he turns back to the ingredients. I nod.

"What kind of fudge?" I ask. His eyes widen.
"Oh my gosh! We can make different kinds of fudge" he says excitedly. Did he really think there was one type of fudge?

"What's your favorite candy or chocolate?" I ask.
"Hmm...Too difficult to choose" he says after some thinking.
"I love Bar-one fudge" I mention.
"Let's make that" he says with a smile but soon gets confused.

"What's Bar-one?" He asks after looking confused. I widen my eyes a little. I honestly forgot this guy doesn't get out much.

I start explaining what it is.

"Oh, so it's one of those foreign chocolates" he comes up to that conclusion. I want to facepalm.
"Yes, that's exactly what it is" I say, trying my best not to be sarcastic.

"How do we make it?" He asks. I smirk and he is so surprised by my face change.
"I'll show you how" I say. I finally know something that he doesn't. I give myself a pat on the back.

We have a whole journey of making this fudge. I helped him out with the bar-one and he did the rest. We talked about pure nonsense and I kind of forgot that he was a prince and I was a spy. It felt a lot like a friendship. We never brought up my reassignment. We talked about random things to light debates about silly things like where cream comes from. Obviously a cow but he wanted to get technical and he didn't want to believe a word I said.

We were eventually sitting on the counter waiting for the fudge. I crossed my legs while sitting as he dangled his from the ledge.

"Where else have you been?" He asks.
"Lots of other places. I come and go, well, until I came here. I was recruited for different locations but I always had time to immerse myself in the culture and language. People are so different, it's a beautiful system" I say with a slight smile thinking back on all the different people I met during missions. It wasn't exactly the truth but not a lie either.

"I wish. I've always been locked up here" he says a bit sadly.
"I'm sure you will have a chance someday" I say with a slight smile as I face him. He faces me.

"You think?" He asks, uncertainty clear in his eyes.
"For sure" I say as I look him dead in the eyes. He turns back to his dangling feet with a smile and a hint of red on his ears.

"I suppose that fudge should be done by now" I say as spring off the counter and head to the freezer. We wanted to eat at least one piece tonight so we chucked it in the freezer rather than the fridge.

I take out the container. It looked amazing. I really wish I had Jin's skills in the kitchen.

"...Have you ever thought of staying here forever?" He suddenly asks me. I place the container on the counter.
"It is in the hands of the King" I simply say. I grab a knife from a drawer.

"Haven't you ever thought of just leaving?" He asks. I listen as I cut the fudge in blocks.
"Have you?" I ask as I concentrate so I don't screw it up but still listening with both ears open.