In

"She's in the Kingdom of Luvania" he says. We are currently at the edge of the town, out of the earshot of curious people.

"That's far" I comment.
"Yeah, I think the wisest choice is to travel by ship" he says with a nod of his head. We have a map in front of us, figuring out the best route to go.

"Let's buy a horse or two and we head to this town. We stay there for the night and we take this route. It might take a few days with this route but it's the fastest way to the harbor. Then we take a ship and sail here. Then it's just two towns over and we're there" he says as he trails his finger along the route. It seems like the best course of action so I nod. He folds the map and places it in his bag.

"What will we do once we actually convince her to come here?" I ask. It sounds like he planned this through.

"I was thinking that we team up with the rebellion and-" but I stop him right there.
"Do you really think the rebellion would trust us? The General and the right hand man of the king. That's laughable" I say as I cross my arms.

"But they don't know about you" he says with a mischievous grin.
"But the princes do" I counter. He freezes and his face falls. He looks around and tries to think of a different plan.

"...I guess we'll just have to risk it" he says after a while.
"The chances are high that the leader of the rebellion has the princes with him so how do you propose we go about this?" I ask. I feel like I'm toying with him since the princes are actually in charge of the rebellion.

"As I said, we'll just have to risk it" he says. Yes, I'm disposable in his eyes.

"Fine" I say.
"So, where are the princes being held? We find them, we find the leader" he says.

"Map" I order and he quickly retrieves it. I grab my pencil from my bag and make a circle on the map.
"You sure?" He asks. I know it looks suspicious as it is in the middle of nowhere. In the mountains north from this town.

"Positive" I simply say.
"At least it's somewhat on the way" he says. I nod.

"Alright, let's then take this route to this town, spend the night there and then the mountain" he says, forming a new plan in his brain. I nod and he folds up the map. He looks at the sky.

"If we leave now, we can get there before the next day" he says and starts walking into the town again. I follow him.

We find a stable after I had to ask someone since somebody didn't want to swallow their pride.

"Do you know how to ride a horse?" He asks me as we look around the stable. There are four horses that we are deciding over.

"Yes" I simply say.
"Good. I don't want you clinging to me the entire way there" he huffs. I roll my eyes.

The owner was waiting outside.

"These two" the General says as he leads the two horses out of the stable to the man. We make the payment. We mount the horses and start our long journey.

We eventually reach the town and it was quite late in the night. I could sense that he was worried if there was no place for us to stay. We dismount our horses and walk through the town. This place was like the previous town. The people here were also part of the rebellion.

"Take a break and I'll get us a place" I say as I quickly hand over my horse to him before he could protest or argue. He took it like a champ and stayed with the horses.

I knew where to go so I went to the inn which I knew still had space. I ring the bell.

An old man eventually comes out of the gate.
"Can I help you?" He asks as he looks me up and down.