Understand.

(This one might be sensitive to some.)

Jimin takes a breather.

"I know that face. You don't believe me" he says, seeming a bit hurt.

Woah woah woah. That wasn't part of the plan. I didn't want to hurt him. Seeing him hurt only hurts me. That's no ones win.

"Don't give me that face" I gently say, as I look away. I feel Jimin shift my head toward him. We look each other in the eyes.

How does he get his eyes to sparkle like that?

"I see a future with you, a very happy future" Jimin starts with a slight smile.
"And I would like to invite you on a date if you'll allow me to" Jimin continues with the cutest smile.

"Even with that adorable smile, I really can't right now. Everything is really hectic right now" I say.
"When isn't it hectic?" Jimin laughs at our sad situation.

"I'll take the compliment but you need to save me a date...and hopefully see where it leads from there" Jimin says with a hopeful look in his eyes, waiting for my answer.

"I'll...think about it" I reluctantly say.

I'm not in this for love.

...right?

"Nice" he cheers with a bright smile.
"And now you know" he says, getting shy as he looks to the ground.

"I'm sure you knew before I told you. Mind reading and stuff" Jimin says.
"I don't need to read a mind to know what people actually mean" I say. I've been trained to notice even the slightest details.

"Is it that obvious?" Jimin asks as he rubs his neck.
"What would you consider as obvious? Heart shaped eyes?" I ask and Jimin starts laughing.

Silence follows once Jimin stops laughing.

"...I probably should've asked first but-is there anyone you like?" He asks reluctantly as he looks away.
"Not particularly in a romantic way" I say. He gives a slight nod-satisfied with my answer for now.

"Hopefully I'll be able to change that soon" he says like such an optimist.

Jimin eventually escorts me back to my room from our moonlight stroll.

"And this is your stop" he awkwardly says as he sways back and forth on his heels. I nod.
"I'll see you tomorrow" I say with a slight wave, hand already on the door handle.

"Uhm" he sounds, super unsure.
"Yes?" I ask, not really bothering to look at him. The day drained me.

It's crazy how tired the princes can make me. Usually I would have energy for days-perfect for missions.

"Good night" he speeds and quickly pecks my cheek, running away before he could witness my reaction which wasn't much. A peck on the cheek doesn't mean much to me so I wouldn't get upset at such a fleeting moment.

Though, I will get annoyed if someone greets me like that every time they see me.

And besides, I'm too tired to care.

I feel my hand move to my cheek.

Though, it was a cute gesture.

I release a small smile at my actions and thoughts.
Weird.

I enter my room and all my thoughts go numb. I collapse into my bed and the next moment, there is extreme knocking on my door.

I reluctantly open my eyes to see the sunlight seeping through the tiny gap between the curtains I didn't properly close.