Will

"Are we close?" I ask the General. He squints his eyes.
"What do you want me to answer with?" He asks as he tries to decipher the answer from my eyes.

Felix has been staying obediently silent as he watches the interaction between the General and I. I feel like he finds the whole situation very amusing to watch.

"I care very deeply for you" I repeat my answer from yesterday, looking him straight in the eyes. I see the tips of his ears burning. Is this supposed to be an embarrassing conversation?

"There you have it" he says as he looks away.
"So-yes?" I ask.
"Why not? Is this the whole reason you two are in my room?" He asks again as he looks between Felix and I.

"Nope. We got a secret to tell" Felix says with a wide smile.
"There's more?" The General asks tiredly to himself as he buries himself further in his seat.

"Do you want to tell it or can I?" Felix turns to me. Why's he so excited? I'm actually pretty nervous to how he will react.

If it were the princes, I would feel beyond nervous. They have such different reactions to everything.

"Go ahead" I say with a nod.

"Ok so-do you remember the King?" Felix asks and I already face palm.
"Yes..." the General looks a little confused but sits upright.

"Right-and you remember he had powers?" Felix carries on with the same enthusiasm.
"Could you get to the point?" The General asks impatiently.

"He actually had this magical device to activate those powers" Felix continues. The General turns to me to see if he's telling the truth. I simply ignore him as I look at Felix, which in turn, makes the the General look back at Felix.

Felix explains the whole story, even the part of Jin and him being brothers. The General silently listens, often nodding, taking Felix seriously.

"So now, we have to come up with a plan to find out where the pen came from or find something to contain 'my dad'" Felix says with air-quotes.

"Are you ok though?" The General asks Felix seriously.
"Oh yeah-remember, Lilian has this under control" Felix says as he taps his head with a huge smile.

"Have you ever used your powers on me?" The General turns to me. He's not scared or angry or upset. He's just curious at this point.

"No" I answer him straight in the eyes.
"So no reading my mind or making me do stuff or erasing my memories. Nothing like that-right" he makes one hundred percent sure.
"Hey! What about me? I have powers too" Felix says through a huge pout.

"I would certainly remember if you did something" the General tells Felix but he doesn't feel any better.
"It's just because she's more powerful than me" Felix whines. You have no idea...

"Fire is powerful too" the General tries to console an upset Felix. Then Felix jumps at an idea.

"I am so curious to see what power Kris would have. Please give him the pen, Lilian" Felix begs dramatically on his knees. I take one glance at the General and I know for sure that I can trust him.

"I'm pretty curious myself" I say as I take the pen out of my pocket and hand it over to the General. He takes it cautiously.

"You had it in your pocket this whole time?!" Felix yells at me.
"Safe keeping" I simply say, eyes glued to the General.

The General was busy observing the pen.

"Here, let me show you" Felix says, making grabby hands at the pen.
"No. Only after you're back to normal" The General says as he holds it away from him. Looks like he has been listening...