To

Youngjae and I kept conversation over dinner. The waitress did pipe in quite a lot but it's understandable, Youngjae being her obvious crush and all.

He talked about his job and then we got to the topic of my job.

"Honestly, I was so shocked to see you standing there" he says.
"Yeah but it's not as glamours as what it may seem" I say with a slight chuckle.
"You kidding, you're working for that idiot. Must be quite exciting" he says, trying not to laugh.
"Your idiot" I add on. He laughs.

"That guy is going to drag this Kingdom to the ground" he says getting a bit serious.
"Yeah but no one will stand up against him" I say leading on to the rebellion. I feel like this guy is part of it.

"Who knows, maybe some day" he says.
"They say that there is a true heir out there. Someone who will get this Kingdom to what it used to be...That's at least what the legend says, more like rumor though" he adds on in a more hushed tone.
"Why do you say that? Don't you believe in legends?" I ask. Honestly, I don't believe in it either.

"I haven't seen this so-called prophecy on a stone wall or something" he says jokingly.
"But I do believe in the message. I mean, anyone can be better than that guy" he reasons.

"That is true" I say with a nod. He had a point.
"Why'd you come in the first place? Not that I don't want you here. It's just-you know...here" he says, not really finding his words. Time to rip out my story.

"My mother is sick so I need to work. I was given an opportunity as one of the maids in the palace and I took it" I say. He doesn't need to know that I'm the King's right hand man.

"Oh, it makes more sense. I feel you though. There's not many jobs so it's difficult to make it out here. Maybe I should join you" he jokes a bit.
"Now that would be interesting but then you would abandon your library. I would definitely trade places with you" I say.

He smiles.
"You would be one of the firsts" he says.

"But I'm sure this Kingdom will turn around soon" I say.
"We all hope so. I heard that even the nobles are getting fed up. It won't be long until they get a taste of what us normal people are going through" he says.

"If you could do something about it, would you?" I ask. He takes a while to answer me.

"...I guess. I don't think I would be all that useful. And besides, the King has powers. He could kill me in a wink of an eye but I also don't want to lay down and die. I dunno. And you?" He asks.
"I mean, I'm no hero" I say with a shrug.
"I feel you" he says with a nod.

Besides our little discussion about the King, we continued with conversations. His interests and mine. I try not to lie too much as I might get caught in a web of my own lies one day so I usually tell the truth when it's something useless like my thoughts over a book or something similar. Not too much information though. I always try to flip the conversation to Youngjae.

I don't think he noticed. Usually, when the talking between two people is equal enough, you feel as if you know more about them even if they don't share personal information.

It was quite enjoyable. I felt at some point that we could actually become friends. It didn't feel like an investigation or an assignment or a mission. It felt like a casual dinner between two friends which I'm very grateful for.

Obviously, I couldn't tell him everything that was going on but it would be nice. The other agents look up to me for some reason so I can't complain to them. I can't complain to Hwasa for obvious reasons. I don't really have anyone to unload to.