Be.

We walk to the front gate. It's pretty early so it's still a bit dark but the sun was starting to rise.

We cross the guards and they look a bit baffled. We walk all the way to the checkpoint. How on earth did this girl drag so much luggage with her? She probably tricked a poor fool...

She makes light conversation. I, for starters, didn't talk with her much anyway so she was always the talkative one but with a hangover and it being this early, I understood why she was so quiet.

There isn't many people around so it's fine to travel so freely. We start walking into the forest to the same place we had the meeting.

We start to approach the place and I already see a few agents playing around with each other, waiting for Natasha. I see Hwasa speaking to an agent.

"Finally" I hear her mumble once she spotted Natasha. We move to the edge of the group.

"I guess this is goodbye. Good luck with your future missions" I say with my hand outstretched for a handshake. Instead, she hugs me.

"Thanks for everything. I'll see you around" she whispers into my ear. I just nod. I give a slight pat on her back to signal the end of the hug. She gives me one last squeeze and finally detaches herself from me.

I see the other agents gaping at what just happened. Natasha gives me one last smile.

"Want to hug me?" Another agent asks. I roll my eyes and they get the message. Hwasa does a signal to move out but she stays behind with me.

"Do I get a hug?" She asks. She doesn't even need to ask. I open my arms to her. She immediately lunges into the hug.

"Good luck. We will come back soon" she says with a smile and leaves.

That was the last time I saw them for at least another week or two.

I walk back with a sinking feeling in my stomach. I really didn't want to head back to the palace without Natasha, weird enough as it is.

"Lilian?" I hear a familiar voice. I turn to the voice.
"Oh, hi Youngjae. What are you doing here?" I ask. I wasn't expecting to see a familiar face this close to the palace.

"There's a new order of books I had to deliver so here I am. What are you doing here?" He asks.
"Just seeing off a friend. I really need to get going" I say but he quickly rejects my idea.

"Why don't you swing by the library some or other time. I'll treat you to some coffee" he offers.
"Trust me, I would love to but I got to get back to work and seems like you should too" I say as I see someone heading in our direction.

"But I will come when I can" I say and walk away. I lift my hand to gesture a goodbye. I have no time for such things.

The sun has fully risen by the time I get back to the castle. The guards straighten their posture a little when they see me coming.

I enter the gates and pass by them. I hear them release the breath they were holding. I walk into the now busy palace. I head to the kitchen to get breakfast. It will have to be a quick breakfast.

I enter the kitchen and the head chef comes running.

"Good morning" he says with a shining smile.
"Morning. Can I just get a piece of toast of something?" I ask.
"I can do you one better" he says, tempting me.
"I would love to but I'm kind of in a rush" I say.

"Got it. Quick breakfast" he says. He gives me a plate with a sandwich filled with bacon, cheese and egg.

"Quick breakfast" he says with a smile.
"Thanks" I say and head out the kitchen.