To

(This one kind of reminds me of that song 'The room where it happens' from the musical Hamilton.)

At this point, I don't know how to talk myself out of this situation. I don't want to lie to them but I also don't want to admit that I actually killed the King.

"Hold on. We clearly saw swords sticking out the guy and we saw the terrain. It was a crazy setting. You'd have to be very skilled" Jin says his last sentence slower and starts to look at me.

"Snap! I did not see that coming. I honestly thought it was the General" Taehyung cuts through the tense atmosphere with an impressed smile.
"I know right" Jimin says with an aggressive nod with wide eyes.

"I do not confirm nor deny it" I simply say.
"So you did do it" Namjoon carries on. He isn't angry but wants to fit the pieces together.

"I actually need to speak to someone about that" I say with a nod.
"Your boss?" Namjoon asks.
"Something like that" I say. I'm not going to say anymore than that and I'm sure Namjoon picked up on that.

"So moving past your very interesting job, would you accept the post as the King's adviser?" Namjoon asks and I think about my answer.

I shrug.

"I don't know. My answer could change once I know who sits on the throne" I say. I never thought about settling down in one place.

"I might consider a part time job in the palace" I throw out.

"Wait-you're not selling this Kingdom's secrets or anything, right?" Yoongi interjects.
"No no-just trying to make the world a better place" I quickly deny.

Yoongi looks me deep in my eyes to try and trace a lie.

"Sorry, carry on" Yoongi tells Namjoon as he leans back in his seat.

"Right, moving pass that, we've been talking and we've decided that we'll stay in the palace and rule the people" Namjoon says with confidence. I cross my arms, giving him a look, waiting for him to carry on. 

"I'm well versed in the rulings of royalty so I understand what we need to do. We can keep our titles as princes unless if we renounce the name, even if Joy becomes Queen, unless if she disowns our titles" Namjoon carries on and I have my attention fully on him. He actually knows what he's talking about.

"So you want to stay as princes" I inquire further.
"Seokjin and I actually want to throw our hats in the running for King" Namjoon says and Jin nods.

I'm surprised that Jin wants to be King. I thought he wanted to move on from everything as fast as possible.

Guess not...

"And since this isn't a normal situation, the crown doesn't go to the eldest child. The decision is then made by current members of royalty but since we don't have that either, the decision goes to the aristocracy, but since we haven't even introduced ourselves as the princes to the Kingdom, that restricts it to a smaller group of the people in the palace" Namjoon explains.

"So this is a voting process now" I say with a bit of amusement in my voice. That's new.
"You do realise that the entire royalty line depends on this vote" I add on.

"Of course. This is a serious matter but this Kingdom needs a good ruler for once" Namjoon says with a nod.

"Will it only be Seokjin and Namjoon?" I ask around the group.
"Depends-do you want to be queen?" Yoongi asks and all ears turn to my answer.

"No" I honestly answer. It seems like way too much work, not that I'm not overworked now...
"Then no it is" Yoongi answers as he relaxes in his seat.