Baby

I have a hard time relaxing on the boat. The princes always catch me when I'm alone.

"Hey" I hear Jin's voice in the darkness. It was currently dark out. We all already ate our share of food.

I haven't been alone with Jin in so long.

"Hi" I say, not moving. I hear him walk over to me.
"I found your book. I saw your coordinations. Very smart" I say.

"I didn't think you would have figured it out but I still had to try something" he first starts off sheepishly but ends with determination.

"Why did you want me to find you?" I ask.
"I was scared I would never see you again" he says with a relieved sigh.
"Luckily, that didn't happen" he adds on, turning to me with a smile.

I face the still waters again.

"Beautiful night" I simply say.
"Yeah" he says.

After a bit of silence, I break it once again.

"I don't have your book. It's still at the palace" I say.
"I figured, but we will go back and I can get my stuff back" he says.

I enjoy the silence as we look out towards the water. I sensed that he didn't really want to stay still. He actually wanted to ask me a bunch of questions but enjoyed the silence with me instead.

"...We should head back" I say after a while.
"Or we can stay a bit longer" he says without moving an inch.

The next day, the ocean was rough and all the princes were seasick. The General and I were used to the rough waters so we helped out the crew while the princes tried to get some sleep. We are eventually ushered in by the Captain.

"There's a storm coming. The ship will hold but I don't think your seven buddies are gonna make it" the Captain says with a slight laugh. I thought we were going to talk about something serious...

"But other than that, it will be smooth sailing from there...hopefully" the Captain says.
"What do you mean hopefully?" The General asks.

"We heard many reports of pirates nowadays. I believe they're just rumors but never say never" he says warningly. What kind of foreboding is this?

We exit the Captain's quarters. The General has a chuffed smile on his face.

"Pirates" he huffs.
"In all my years of sailing, never have I heard of such ridiculous things" the General says with an amused smile.

"It could happen" I say with a shrug. He laughs at me.
"Yeah right. Just like the Loch Ness monster appearing before us" he says with a laugh.
"You'd be surprised" I mutter.

As I said, pirates exist and I've been part of a loyal crew before. The only way to get out of a pirate crew is to fake your death which I've done many times before.

"So, I've got a question" he starts when we travel down the stairs. I nod even though he doesn't need my reply to ask.

"Why aren't you seasick? The waters are really rough today" he asks.
"I remember you saying you've never been on a boat before" he adds on.

"That's right. I guess it's just luck" I simply say. I need to stick to my lies.

"Do you want me to have seasickness?" I ask as I glance at him.
"Not necessarily" he mumbles.
"I mean-it's a shame. I would've made fun of you" he says. I roll my eyes.

"How long are you going to keep up this love-hate relationship?" I ask.
"L-love? Who said anything about l-love?" He asks with a scowl. I roll my eyes again.