Chapter 18

8 hours. The doctors didn't tell me anything for 8 hours. And it was 8 hours that that scared, five year old boy had to sit in a room with doctors. Without the protection of his father.

"Miss," the doctor said, coming up to me, "are you here for Hadley?"

"Ya, he's my boyfriends son. Is he okay?" I asked, pulling my sweater around me more to keep me warm.

"Well, I'm not sure if okay is an appropriate word." He sighed, looking at his clipboard, "he-"

"Wait, I told Ramin I would wake him up when you were ready to talk. Hold on, please." I said, running over to the couch where Ramin was still sleeping, "Ramin, wake up. The doctor is here."

He woke up immediately, jumping up and facing the doctor. "Is Hadley okay?"

"As I told your girlfriend," I blushed at the doctor, "okay may not be an appropriate word. You know, he had a severe concussion. He's very dizzy, and a little bit confused. He has an extreme sensitivity to light. Also, his ankle has a slight sprain, not major. The only other injuries are minor; just cuts and bruises. I'm not sure when you'll be able to see him, it might be a little while." He said quickly.

"A while?" I asked, "how long could be a while?" I said gently, trying not to get mad, but inside, my blood was boiling.

"Not sure. We'll keep you posted." He sauntered away, and I sighed, grabbing Ramin's hand.

We sat back down on the couch, staring at Hadley's closed door. "He'll be okay," I whispered in his ear, stroking his hair, "did you sleep well?"

"I guess." He shrugged.

"Does anyone know what happened?" I asked after a while of silence.

"Hadley Fraser does. He's with Jaiden at my apartment. Other then him, I'm not sure." Their was more silence after that.

We both sat and paced around for another hour before Ramin gasped. "I have a show tonight. I totally forgot." He put his head in his hands, leaning against the wall. "I can't leave-"

"You don't have to leave. I'll go for a little bit. I'll go to the theater and tell them. I'll visit Jaiden and Hadley." I said, trying to find my phone, "do you want anything?"

"Just tell everyone at the theater not to come and just to worry about the shows and making them great." He shrugged, sitting back down.

"Anything you actually need?" I said.

"No, but thank you." He shrugged.

I kissed his head before running out and to the Imperial. Everyone was happy to see me, and I quickly pulled everyone together. "So, hey, as you guys can tell, Ramin isn't with me. He had an accident, and Hadley was with him. Hadley has a really bad concussion and he's in the hospital. I don't know when he's gonna come back. We haven't even been able to see him yet. Sorry guys." Some of them gave me hugs and condolences, but I hurried out.

When I got to my apartment, all I did was change into yoga pants and a sweatshirt. After going to my apartment, I ran over to Ramin's.

Jaiden ran up to me the second I opened the door. He put his arms around my waist, resting his head on my chest. "Is Hadley and Daddy okay?"

"Oh honey," I sighed, kissing his head and dragged him to the couch, "your dad is fine, he just hurt his wrist a little bit. But Hadley, he has a bad concussion. It might be a while before he comes home." Jaiden looked sad, and a tear slid down his cheek, "but I'll keep calling you and texting you, okay? I'll make sure you know what's going on." I looked at the time to see that it was approaching 10pm, "now go get some sleep. I'll call you in the morning."

"Okay." He got up and walked away, but turned to me just before entering his room, "Sierra," he said quietly, "I love you."

I smiled, "I love you too, Jaiden." He closed his door, going off to bed.

I ran out, not bothering to say hi to Hadley and rushing to the hospital. When I returned, Ramin wasn't there.

"Excuse me," I said to Hadley's doctor, "is Hadley okay?"

"Yes, Ramin is inside. He went in a little while ago." I nodded, glad that Hadley was okay.

I laid back down on the couch, laying my head on the arm and closing my eyes. My breathing calmed and my heartbeat finally slowed.

I heard the door open, and I sat up immediately, coming face to face with Ramin. "Hey, how is he?" I asked, putting my hand on his arm.

"In pain." He shrugged, sitting down on the couch, "but he's sleeping now. When he wakes up, you can see him."

"No, you should be there. You're his father-" I insisted, grabbing his hand.

"He asked for you, Sie. He wants to see you." Ramin said, squeezing my hand.

"Okay." I smiled. "I brought you a sweatshirt, by the way. Since all you're wearing is a tee shirt and you're shivering." I said, and threw it at him, to which he immediately pulled it on.

"Thank you." He mumbled, "how's Jaiden?"

"Torn up, really sad. But I think after we spoke, he felt a little bit better." I said, resting my head on his shoulder, "how's your wrist?"

"It still hurts a little." He shrugged, his lips brushing my neck.

"I have Advil in my bag, if you want." He nods, "are you hungry?"

"No." He shrugged, but his stomach growled loudly.

"Babe," I said softly, turning to look at him, "I know you're concerned about Hadley, and you love him, but you need to care for yourself." My hand rested in his cheek, and he kissed my palm. "I'm gonna go get us and Hadley some food. What do you think he'll want?"

"Not sure. He's always good for chocolate milk. Food wise, not sure. Mac and cheese?" I nodded, giving him a soft kiss before jogging away. My feet were silent against the floor, probably because I was only wearing socks.

I made my way to the cafeteria, buying a whole bunch of food and drinks. I put them all in a plastic bag and turned around to go back to Hadley's room.

But I wasn't paying attention, and as I turned, I bumped into a little girl. I looked down, ready to apologize, but my stomach dropped. She was bald, and had a small backpack with a clear wire connected to it, that went into her nose.

"Oh my goodness, sweetie, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" I asked, squatting down and putting my bag of food down.

A huge smile spread across her face. "You're Sierra Boggess!" She said in a hushed yell, "I'm such a big fan."

"Oh you are?" I said.

"Ya, I have a picture of you in my room. And I have a shirt with you on it too." She beamed, reaching to grab my hand.

"Can I see?" I asked, seeing as Hadley was going to be asleep for a while and Ramin needed to rest as well.

"Really? You want to see my room?" She stared at me in disbelief.

"Ya, why not? I just have to drop this off first, and then I'll come to your room." I said, ready to stand.

"C-can I come with you?" She asked, stuttering nervously.

"Of course. Let's go." I cheered, standing up and bringing her along with me.

I think I've just made a new friend.