Chapter 52

4 CHAPTERS LEFT!

Inhaling a sharp breath, my eyes shot open. I was startled at first, and then saw Ramin holding my hand. I hissed in pain, and saw him press the button that would send more painkillers through my IV.

"Hey, you're okay," he cooed, brushing my hair out of my face, "you're in the hospital,"

I let out out a huge sigh, looking over at him, "I'm okay?" I asked quietly, mostly referring to my pregnancy.

"Everything's fine, the baby is fine too. You just have a couple broken ribs, and a sprained wrist. And they finally did that surgery on your knee, so that should be fine in a couple months," he chuckled, but all I could muster was a tiny smile, "do you need anything?"

"How are the boys?" I mumbled, trying to get comfortable, but letting off a small shiver.

"They're fine. Everything is okay, babe. Just worry about yourself," Ramin chuckled again, kissing my hand, "do you actually need anything?"

"I'm kinda cold," I said quietly laying back into bed, and he ran out. He came back a couple minutes later holding two fluffy blankets. He put one around my shoulders and another across my legs, "what day is it?" I blurt out.

"January 22nd," Ramin said hesitantly.

I suddenly got very lightheaded, "I've been unconscious for three weeks," and my face paled, "and it's Hadley's birthday today. Oh, my little boy,"

"You waking up will be better than any present anyone could have gotten him. All he's been doing is talking about you," Ramin said, sitting in the side of the bed, "feeling okay?"

"Will you get the boys?" I begged, curling up against the warm blankets.

"I'd have to get them from school," Ramin said.

"I don't care. I want to see them," I demanded, and he stood.

"I'll go get Hadley and Rosalie then," he kissed my head before running out.

A few minutes later, Hadley and Rosalie came in and hugged me. "Are you feeling okay?" Rosalie asked, sitting beside Hadley.

"I guess, though I'm not sure. My whole body is kinda numb," I mumbled, trying to stay up, but Hadley had to help me.

"The boys miss you, and Ramin especially," Hadley finally said.

I started to notice that Hadley and Rosalie weren't as close as usual. They weren't holding hands, and Rosalie wasn't wearing her ring. My heart broke.

"Wha-what happened to you two?" I stuttered, fighting back tears.

"We broke up. We just realized that we weren't right for each other," Hadley said sadly.

"But I can still hang out with you and the girls-" Rosalie added.

"And I'll still hang with Ramin," Hadley said.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, trying to move towards them, but only sent a shock of pain through my rib cage.

"It's not your fault, Sierra-" their was a knock on the door, and the both stood up, leaving silently.

Little Hadley came running in, a huge smile on his face. He jumped in the bed, wrapping his arms around my neck and his legs around my waist gently.

"I love you, mommy," he mumbled, and I felt his tears in my neck.

"I love you too, my little boy," I cooed in his ear, "I'm sorry you have to spend your birthday in the hospital,"

"But I got out of school," he grinned, "now everyone thinks I'm cool,"

"I'm glad I could help in that," I pulled him away from my chest, sitting him in my lap, "but you know what, go out with Hadley and Rosy and buy whatever cake you like, on me. And then come back here and we'll eat,"

This seemed to please him because he nodded, kissing my cheek before running out.

The door slowly creaked open, and Jaiden slowly walked in, looking sad. "Come on, sit," I patted the spot next to me on the bed, and he crossed his legs under him, "what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry I was so mean to you after the wedding. I was just really missing my mom when I realized that you were my mom now. And I just wanted to be away from you because thinking about mom made me upset. I'm sorry," he said, looking at his lap.

"You could have just told me," I cooed, wiping away his tears.

"I'm sorry,"

"Stop apologizing. It's okay, I'm not mad," I said, but he pushed away from my grasp.

"Then why did you leave? I knew you were listening to me and dad. It's my fault that you got hurt because I made you leave," he said, crying harder.

"No, it's not your fault whatsoever. I was being careless and walked right into traffic. It's not you, sweetie," I pulled him into my chest, kissing his head, "I love you,"

"I love you too," he mumbled back, "mom,"