Chapter 19

Enjoy this chapter while I eat dumplings and clean my room...

"So, sweetie, what's your name?" I asked as we waited for the elevator.

"Paige." She said sweetly as the elevator clicked open and she skipped inside.

"Tell me about yourself." I said, hitting floor two.

"Well, I have a tumor in my lungs. I'm going into surgery in a few weeks. I lost all my hair because of my medicine, but I never like my hair anyway. It was blonde and curly, I hated it. I love your hair. It's such a beautiful red, and it's so long!" She squeaked, running her hands through my long hair that reached my hips.

"How old are you?"

"I'm seven." She smiled, as the elevator opened.

We walked a little down the hallway to find Ramin in the same position. "Babe," I whispered, touching his arm, "I got a bunch of food for us, and loads of chocolate milk for Hadley." I grinned.

"Made a friend?" He asked, looking behind me and smiling at Paige.

"Ya, I'm gonna go to her room for a little. Is that okay?" I asked gently, also smiling at Paige.

"Ya, it's fine."

"Just, please, eat, and text me when he wakes up." I begged, and he nodded, his eyes sparkling. "Okay, I'll be back soon."

"Hi, I'm Ramin." He said, hugging Paige.

"Hi, I'm Paige." She said shyly.

"Let's go girl." I said, smiling at her. "I'll be right back." I shouted as we ran down the hall.

We arrived at her room, on the same floor, and, sure enough, their was a picture of me on the wall about her bed. I smiled as she jumps on the bed.

"Mom," she said, shaking a woman's arm, who was sleeping in a chair beside her bed, "wake up!" She shouted, causing her mom to jump up.

She quickly glanced at me, "Paige, do not invite strangers into your room!"

"She's not a stranger mom, look." She said, pointing towards me, and I blushed.

"Yes she- oh. Oh my gosh, you're Sierra Boggess!"

"Hi." I said, almost shyly. "We met in the cafeteria. I'm sorry to have scared you, I should have said something-"

"No, it's quite alright. How- what are you doing here?" She asked, and Paige pulled me to sit on the bed next to her.

"You guys are fans, right?" They nodded, "so you know I'm dating Ramin. Well, he got in a car crash with his son. His son, Hadley, got a really bad concussion. He's sleeping. We're waiting for him to wake up again. And that's when I ran into this little munchkin." I teased, tickling her stomach.

"Can I take a picture of you two?" Her mom asked, and we smiled as she snapped a picture.

"Thank you so much for coming with me, Sierra." Paige said, hugging me.

As we hugged, my phone buzzed in my hand. I need you, please come back -Ramin

"Dear, I need to leave. I think Hadley might had just waken up." I sighed.

"That's okay. It was nice meeting you." She had a smile, but I could see the sadness in her eyes.

"It was nice meeting you too. And I'll see you around. You can come visit me whenever, you know where the room is, okay? Stay strong." I said, before running out the door and to Hadley's room.

Ramin was the way I had found him last night, sitting next to Hadley's door with his head in his hands. "Darling, what's wrong?"

"H-Hadley. The doctors were trying to help him before. I wasn't in there, I should have been-"

"Shh, what happened?" I asked gently, but he still wouldn't look up from his hands.

"He was thrashing around, and he hit his head on the wall behind him. He's unconscious. Sierra, I should have been in there. I should have-" he was cut off by his own sob.

"Shh, stop, it's okay, shh," I coped, pulling him towards me.

"This is all my fault. I should have been more careful." He sobbed, holding onto me tightly.

"No it's not. Ramin, please, just calm down." I cooed softly, but couldn't deny that I was crying as well. "He'll be okay."

He stayed in my arms for hours, just shaking and crying. He eventually fell asleep, and we slept the night, on the cold, hospital floor.