Chapter 29

I couldn't do it. Tam was scaring me. He was everywhere.

I was so paranoid. I was so scared. It got to the point where I thought Ramin would do the same thing, even though I knew he wouldn't.

I couldn't even sleep with him anymore. I would just pretend to fall asleep on the couch, and he would always leave me be.

The bruises didn't go away, and I wouldn't let Ramin see any part of my body. I refused to shower with him, and he was starting to worry about me. A lot.

I couldn't sleep at night. I just stayed awake at night and stared at the wall.

I had dark circles forming under my eyes. The bruises hurt my entire body. I didn't leave the apartment.

Even the kids noticed, they know I'm acting weird.

I'm not letting people in anymore, even Ramin and the boys. I didn't speak much either. I just sat in bed or on the couch. And this went on for three weeks.

"Sierra," Ramin finally said, "what is wrong?" He grabbed my hands as we sat on the bed. "You've been acting weird for three weeks now."

"Nothing is wrong." I croaked out, turning away from him.

"Sierra, if you don't talk to me, I have no choice but to think the worse." I stayed silent, "are you cheating?"

Tears streamed down my cheeks and I stayed silent. "Really?" Ramin whispered, standing up and walking out of the bedroom.

I wasn't cheating, and I wouldn't let him leave thinking I did.

He was right at the door when he realized I was following him. Sobbing.

His eyes softened when he looked at me. He reached to grab my hand, put I turned my back to him.

"I was attacked," I whispered.

"What?" Ramin asked, coming behind me and putting his arms around my waist. I leaned into him.

"Tam came back, and raped me again. When you went to rehearsal. It's not your fault Ramin. I'm the one who let him in and didn't do anything." I mumbled, breaking down in tears again.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Ramin whispered, turning me around to face him.

"I didn't want you to worry about it." I said, and he lifted me into his arms. "I did everything I could to make sure you didn't find out."

"Sierra, that's ridiculous." Ramin said, sitting down on the bed and putting me in his lap.

"I know."

"What happened?" He asked, eyeing my body.

I rolled up the sleeves on my sweatshirt to show the bruises. They weren't gone, but they were much better. And then I showed him the ones on my legs.

"Sierra, babe, this is horrible. Why would you keep this from me? And this is why you've been acting weird?" Ramin asked, gently rubbing his hands up and down my arms and legs.

"Ya. I'm sorry."

"You should be the last one apologizing." Ramin said, bundling me and himself under the covers.

"But they found him, anyway." I mumbled, curling up beside him.

"I love you. Never forget that, ever."