Chapter 56/ Epilouge

LAST ONE GUYS! And as you probably predicted, there will be a sequel. And it's another that will break your heart. So, ENJOY!!!!!

Karina and I were discharged from the hospital a few days later, and I was more then happy to be able to sleep in my own bed. Not that crappy hospital bed.

The boys jumped in us when we arrived, but I quickly hushed them because Karina was sleeping. "Can I hold the baby?" Hadley whined, and I nodded.

The boys followed Ramin and I into the bedroom and I sat down, thankful for the comfy bed. Hadley sat inbetween my legs and I gave him Karina, and he giggled at her.

"She's so little," he chimed, but then Jaiden held her.

"I like her," he cooed, smiling at her.

I smiled, but it was replaced by a yawn. "Alright boys, off to bed. Let's give mom some rest," they all bid us goodnight, and went off to their rooms.

Ramin put Karina down in her crib that was placed in the corner of the room, then crawled in beside me. "You did amazingly with her," he cooed, brushing my hair out of my eyes.

"Thank you, darling," I whispered back, letting out another yawn.

Miraculously, Karina slept through the night, only waking once to be fed. I could get used to this. But I probably shouldn't.

I woke up early the next morning, though my body refused. Caring for Karina was enjoyable, because she was so adorable and happy.

We ate breakfast as a family, something that was rare, and I was excited about that. Jaiden babbled on about school, but Hadley was looking a bit blue.

I figured I wouldn't comment in front of the entire family.

As Ramin was washing the dishes with Jaiden, Hadley ran away. Ramin and I exchanged glances, and I gave him a look as if to say I'll deal with it.

When he finished, I gave him Karina, kissed her on the forehead, and then tread up the stairs. I gently knocked on the door, and he called for me to come in.

He was sitting at his desk, his feet swinging a good foot or two above the ground. He looked sad, his head resting against his hand.

"What's wrong?" I cooed, picking him up and sitting him on his bed.

"Will you forget about me?" He blurt out, looking at me with tiny eyes.

"What? Where did you get that from?" I said, shocked and taken aback.

"I'm not sure. Usually the middle child is the forgotten child," he shrugged, looking down at his hands in his lap.

"Hadley, I can assure you that your dad and I could never forget about you. For the first year of Karina's life, she'll have to have a bit of extra attention because she can't care for herself, but we won't forget you. We'll never do that, you're too damn cute," I teased, pinching his cheek, and he giggled, pushing my hand away, "better?"

He nodded, wrapping his arms around my neck. "And I promise that the next day that I'm rested, and it's sunny out, we'll go to the park together,"

I walked out of his room, heading back to my bedroom. I sighed, flopping back on the bed, just to be cut off by Karina's sharp cry.

I ran to the crib in the corner of the room, lifting her into my arms. "Oh no baby, shh," I hummed, bouncing her up and down slightly. I started softly singing a song and she stopped crying, looking up at me with curiosity.

I put her down on the bed on her back, and she smiled up and me. She rolled into her stomach and I laid in front of her, on my stomach with the heels of my hands on my cheek.

I enjoyed watching her try to imitate me, and failed. I chuckled, kissing her forehead.

"Sierra!" I heard Ramin screaming for me. I groaned, not wanting to get up. Maybe if I didn't respond he would go away? "Sierra!" He shouted louder this time.

"Let's go see what daddy wants," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes and resting her in my arms. Heaving out a long yawn, I walk into the living room to see Ramin's parents talking with him by the kitchen.

"Oh, hello," I chided, suddenly alert.

"Oh, Sierra, we didn't mean to wake you. I'm sure you're very tired," his mom said, giving me a hug.

"It's not a problem. I wasn't even sleeping, I was just with Karina," I looked down at the beautiful baby in my arms.

"Oh, she's precious," his mom chided, and I felt Ramin's hand on my hip. "May I hold her?" I nodded, and gently handed her over. Karina squirmed around in her arms for a while before settling down and yawning. "Sierra, why don't you and Ramin go get some rest. We can handle her," I tried to refuse, but yawned myself, and Ramin pulled me away.

"How do you feel?" Ramin asked once we were bundled under the covers.

"Very tired," I mumbled, nuzzling my head in the crook of his neck, "but it's all worth it to have Karina,"

"I love you," his fingertips ran over my bare arm, and I smiled, sighing loudly.

"I love you too," I cooed back, my lips brushing his neck.

"You're beautiful, you know that right?"

"You only tell me ten times every day," I giggled.

"But I'm just telling you the truth."

"Thank you," I smiled, finally falling asleep.

Later in, Ramin's parents had left for the hotel they're staying in. The kids and us lay on the bed, Karina in my arms and Hadley leaning against Ramin, Jaiden by himself in the front of the bed.

Ramin and I smiled at each other, and he pressed a brief kiss to my lips.

I gazed down at Karina who smiled up at me, her brown eyes staring at me intently.

Then she let out a high pitched cough.