Chapter 38

I had such a good day. And then the fucking cast list had to come out and ruin my day. One word; favoritism. And I'm not on the good side of that favoritism. I hate my schools theater system.

Five months until wedding

"I hope you realized that we pretty much announced the engagement last night on the vlog," I mumbled as we lay in bed the next morning.

"Ya, it's time people found out. We have hid it for a month." He twisted my hair in his finger, and I smiled up at him. "I can't believe this will all be gone today."

"Not all of it, Ramin. Just fifteen inches." I said, holding onto my long hair. Today was the day I was chopping it all off. "You're coming, right?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. And maybe I'll vlog a little." He said, and I jumped.

"No, you're not vlogging me getting my hair chopped off. It's not happening. Once I put it up, then you can start filming," he nodded, and we both got up.

We both got up for the day, and I just dressed in yoga pants and a sweatshirt. I skipped a shower because I would get my hair washed at the salon. I skipped makeup because I was just too lazy.

Ramin and I brought the kids to school and then got to the salon, and I got more nervous as I approached. "Don't let me bail," I said quickly to Ramin, and he just chuckled at me.

My hair was washed right away, and Ramin stayed and talked to me the whole time. I giggled at his corny jokes as my hair was measured.

It was so long that, cutting fifteen inches, it still reached below my shoulders.

I sat down in the chair, grabbing Ramin's hand for support. He was telling me some random story of something that happened during fight call and I tried to ignore the loud snips and snaps of my hair falling into a bag.

"All cut off," the stylist said, "anything you want done?"

"Side bangs and even cuts on the bottom, please," I said, clutching Ramin's hand, "does it look okay?"

"Sie, it looks beautiful." His words gave me relief, even though I knew he would call me beautiful even if I looked super ugly.

It only took ten more minutes before the stylist was done, and I opened my eyes. I looked almost like a new person, and I loved it.

"I guess you were right, Ramin. It does look beautiful," I played with my hair a little bit before getting up to pay.

"We'll call you when the wig is done," the lady at the desk told me as I put my hair in a bun and pinned back my bangs.

"Thank you," I said, waving goodbye. As we sat in the car, driving home, I started babbling on, "I think I just lost ten pounds,"

Ramin chuckled, "lunch?"

"Sure. Pick somewhere good because I'm really hungry," I mumbled, sitting back.

"Do you like your hair?" Ramin asked as we entered the restaurant and sat down.

"I don't know yet. I have to have a couple days with it. And then I can see if I do." We ordered quickly and are quickly, though I'm not sure why. "Want to go do some more wedding stuff?" I asked as we paid and then got back to the apartment.

We had already picked a date and a venue. Our wedding would be October 15th on Long Island, a place with beautiful greenery. We're hoping that by the date, everything will be beautiful fall colors.

We stayed in bed for the next couple hours, just doing a bunch of random things for the wedding. Soon we had to pick up the boys, and Ramin went while I did some other bride things on my laptop.

Then my manager texted me and said that I had an interview with Paul Wontorek next week. I replied happily, and put it on the calendar.

Ramin pulled me away from my laptop for dinner, and we all sat on the couch.

Hadley eventually fell asleep with his head on my lap and Jaiden curled up beside Ramin. My head lay on his chest, and I sighed.

I couldn't wait until we were an official family.