Chapter 40

Four months until wedding

"Mommy," Hadley shouts, running through the apartment to me and Ramin in the kitchen, "mommy, look what I drew!" He chimed, and I picked him up, as he held out the drawing to me.

"It looks beautiful," I smiled at his sloppy attempt to draw me.

"Wait," Ramin said, turning away from his cookie dough, "mommy? Since when do you call Sierra mommy?"

"Since last month, Ramin," I smirked, putting Hadley down and he ran away.

"Sierra, what's that about?" Ramin asked, putting a tray of cookies in the oven.

"They just want to call me mom since I'll be their stepmom in a few months," my eyes started getting teary and I got choked up.

"Why are you crying?" Ramin asked, putting his arms around me.

"Because they love me and accept me. They're not treating me like some evil stepmother from hell, and I don't intend on being one. It's just- so nice that they've accepted me into your family so quickly," I mumbled through tears streaming down my face.

"I guess I taught them well," Ramin smirked.

"Yes you did," I grinned, and glanced at the time, "I have a show tonight, I have to go. Bye, love you," I kissed him as I grabbed my bag, "bye boys!" I shouted into the apartment.

"Bye mommy!" Hadley shouted back, and I got a muffled response from Jaiden.

**

After my show, as I was pulling my street clothes on, their was a knock at the door. One of the stage hands hands told me that I had visitors.

I wasn't sure what that meant, but told him to send them in here anyway.

As I straightened up my room and fixed my clothes, Paige came sprinting in. She immediately hugged me, wrapping her arms around my waist tightly. "Thank you so much! Thank you!" She cried, and I held onto her.

"Do you like it?" I asked, kneeling down and fixing the hair on the wig. I remember when my hair was down to my waist.

"Like it? Sierra, I love it!" She shrieked, "you didn't have to cut all your hair off for me,"

"But you certainly look better in my hair then I do," I giggled, but my eyes filled with water.

"That's impossible." We chatted for a few minutes before she started getting drowsy, and her dad carried her to the car.

Her mom stuck around for a minute. "You really didn't have to do that, Sierra,"

"I know. I just felt so horrible, and I knew how much she loved my hair. I had been finding an excuse to cut my hair off, and this was perfect timing." I grinned, and hugged her, before she ran out to catch up with her family.

I never saw Paige again. I'm not sure what happened to her, considering the cancer. Though, a few years later, I received word that she had passed during surgery. Wearing the wig of my hair.

She had also written a note to her parents saying she wanted to be buried in it, and that she was.