22

"Shouldn't you be resting right now Renjun?"

The said boy shook his head at Mark, a pissed expression as he looked across the room. Probably from the amount of bandage that practically made him a mummy from the neck down.

"I'm fine"

"But your injurie-"

"Fuck off"

"O-ok"

Haru stuttered hiding behind Jeno who was busy chuckling. She sighed hiding away from Renjun's glare.

"I've heard the code was stolen...how did it happen?"

"I think they were planning for it"

"I ASKED HOW IT GOT STOLEN! Stupid fuckers!"

Haru flinched, never once had she seen Taeyong this angry. His fists were balled to his side, his disheveled hair looked like he was pulling on it in frustration.

The veins on his neck looked like they would pop any minute, his glare made a shiver run down her spine.

Her gaze travelled to the boys spread across the room. All of them-except Jisung-kept their head down.

A shadow casting over their eyes as they themselves tried to calm down.

"Do ya'll have mouths or not?!"

"W-we do hyung"

"Then tell me how it got stolen!"

Taeyong took a stride infront of them, no longer hiding half of his body behind the wooden desk.

A loud slap resounded across the room, Haru's eyes widened. Eyes switching from Taeyong's hand to Jaemin's cheek.

The redness coming from the spot told her that it wasn't just any slap either. She opened her mouth to speak but a hand silently stopped her.

She looked down to see Jeno's hand tugging at her sleeve. He shook his head no, making the girl stop in her tracks.

Before anything else could escalate anymore the door opened revealing a frantic Sieran.

"What are you doing here?"

"That's enough Yong"

The man in question scoffed, glaring at his lover which she gladly returned before dragging him out of the room.

"We'll talk after this stay here"

Were her last words before she closed the door, screaming and fighting were heard next making Haru flinch again.

Her attention was brought back to Jaemin when he slouched on one of the available seats.

"Jaem...are you okay?"

She made sure to ask him as gently as possible but all he returned was a meek nod. His eyes turned towards the large window behind Taeyong's desk, a far off look unlike his usual cheery demeanor.

"Don't let it get to you Jaemin"

Jeno approached the boy patting his back, ruffling his hair in the process. Jaemin frowned but managed to mumble a small thanks.

Haru's eyes met with Jisung, his dark orbs flashing with worry as he glanced at Jaemin. Their eyes met for a split second before Jisung broke it off.

He returned to whatever he was mumbling about with Chenle before the door once again opened. This time revealing a smug Sieran and Taeyong.

Thankfully, this time he wasn't the scary version Haru had seen earlier. He returned to his post behind the desk, sighing he looked at Jaemin.

"I'm sorry"

"It's alright hyung"

Haru sighed in relief seeing the usual smile return to Jaemin's face-although it seemed forced, it was something far from the numb boy who stared into space.

"You guys got a new mission, investigate those who took the code and then get the codes back"

Seeing as Taeyong was calmer Haru used this as a chance to speak up.

"Why am I here again?"

Sieran chuckled, a glint of mischief flashing across her eyes. Haru gulped seeing a smirk playing across the elder's face.

"This is your first assignment, Haru~"

"I'M JOINING?!"

"SHE'S JOINING?!"