52

"Mom look! I caught a butterfly!"

The boy exclaimed giving his mother a toothy grin. The middle aged woman could only smile at her son-a loving expression plastered across her face.

"That's amazing Jisung! But you must release it so it can help us more"

The said boy giggled as he watched the said insect fluttering away to join it's friends as they circled the beautiful garden-which was situated on top of a hill, the view of Timor and the walls of Neo could be seen.

The only place Jisung would deem as the beauty of his god forsaken part of the city.

"Mom why are we cut off from Neo?"

The woman returned the curious expression on his face with a frown. Her gaze falling to the walls.

"Well some people just can't accept others who are greater than them"

"I don't understand"

The woman giggled patting the boy's head lovingly. She removed the flower crown on her head and placed it on Jisung's head.

"One day you will my love-but promise me that no matter what happens you will fight for what is right"

Jisung though not understanding a thing nodded his head-once again releasing a giggle once his mother booped his nose.

"I promise"

He stood on the top of the hill-where his sanctuary once was

He stood on the top of the hill-where his sanctuary once was. The beautiful scene he saw as a kid now gone and replaced with the overgrown grass and wild flowers.

The view was still the same-the flames, the graffiti, the crime and the walls that seperated them from those who hailed themselves better.

Jisung clutched the wilted flower crown-he refused to cry no never again, for he knew he cannot bring back what's gone.

His train of thoughts was cut off by his phone ringing.

"Jisung where are you?"

"Nowhere important love-can we talk?"

Haru furrowed her brows from the other side of the line-the unusual vulnerability in the boy's word giving her a slight shock.

"Yeah sure, where should I meet you?"

"Don't leave the house I'll come get you yeah?"

"Ok, be safe"

The said boy released a chuckle running a hand through his hair making Haru furrow her brows once again.

"What are you laughing at?"

"Nothing you're just too cute"

"I-Yah! D-Don't say things out of the blue like that!"

He once again chuckled a smile forming on his face as he temporarily forgot his past.

"Whatever you say cutie-bye I love you"

He ended the call stuffing his phone back on his pockets and scanning the place once more-a sigh escaping his lips as he turned around and twirled the car keys in between his fingers.

We're so close to your dreams mom

"No! Please help her!"

He begged but all he was responded with was a slap in the face by the man he called his father.

"You think I would help anyone from Timor? Never you filthy child"

Jisung sobbed clinging on the man asking for mercy but he was pulled away by a guard.

He struggled againts his grip-his gaze switching to the woman in her bed and the man's retreating figure.

"N-no! P-please help her! Please! Dad!"

The man stopped abruptly a scowl on his face once the boy mentioned the title.

"I will never be your father! YOU AND YOUR SLUT OF A MOTHER CAN ROT IN HELL FOR ALL I CARE"

He spat gesturing his men to leave the room while he locked the room Jisung and his mother was in.

"J-Jisung"

The woman weakly gestured to her son-a hand wrapping around him as he hurried over her side.

"Promise me-you'll bring down the walls and fight for justice, free our people Jisung"

"W-Wait mom!"

"And never forget that I love you"

Gunshots can be heard outside but Jisung couldn't care less as he screamed and held his mother's hand.

The door burst open revealing people in suits not much older than he was. He rushed to them ignoring the fear gnawing at him to stand down.

"H-help her please!"

One of the elder men rushed to her side checking for a pulse before looking down and shaking his head sadly.

"I'm sorry kid she's gone"

Ohohoho that was...I can't even find the right word for it.