66

Jisung gritted his teeth together-passing red lights without a care in the world

Jisung gritted his teeth together-passing red lights without a care in the world. His grip on the steering wheel tightening as the streets became more familiar.

Childhood memories came rushing back to him like a hurricane, the familiar roads he grew up in. The bad memories he was trying so hard to forget resurfacing in just a second.

He honked cursing under his breath as he slammed the brakes- his brows furrowed at the sight of the blank eyed little boy standing in front of his car.

He slammed the car door open running to the boy's aid-his brows scrunched together as the boy pointed to a house just a few meters away from them.

Jisung recognized that house-after all that was where he grew up, where all his sufferings came from.

"Are you ok kid?"

"I know you...You're Park Jisung aren't you?"

Jisung licked his bottom lips before inhaling the cold air that surrounded them.

"How do you know me?"

"Mr. Park told me a lot about you"

In an instant Jisung stood up and stepped away with a few steps. His gaze never leaving the boy in case he'd do something-but what can an 11 year old do to him?

"Who are you?"

"One of Mr. Park's experiments"

"Experiments?"

The boy looked down to his dirtied white shoes as he fiddled with the strings of his yellow hoodie.

Jisung held a breath as he took good look at the boy-bruises and cuts shown through the red shorts he wore-some even showing in his face.

His gazed hardened recognizing the flash of hurt in the boy's eyes-it reminded him of himself, and somehow his heart panged with hurt and pity.

He slowly approached as if he could break him-his hands grasping the boy's shoulders as he kneeled down to look into his eyes.

"What's your name?"

He inquired almost in a whisper-the boy looked down again as if contemplating his choices.

"Yu Railin"

"What do you mean experiments?"

"Mr. Park are taking orphans away from the streets or orphanages-he's turning them into monsters"

Jisung's brows furrowed with anger the more he listened to the boy's words-he knew it was most likely true...given he was part of something like that when he was a kids himself.

"And how many are you in there?"

"Over 20"

"What are you doing here?"

"I escaped a few weeks ago and I heard from someone that his son is still alive-I waited for you to come back"

Jisung's eyes glossed with confusion as the young boy opened his mouth to continue his explanation.

"Since when were you waiting for me here?"

"A week ago"

"What?"

He bit his lip looking at Railin- a sigh escaping his lips as he stared at the empty houses that lined the street.

"I have to go Mr. Jisung- they've been tracking me here for the past week, please save them"

"Wait! Have you seen a girl? About my age"

The boy stopped in thought for a while before shaking his head 'no'-Jisung sighed in defeat his mind clouding with thoughts of where she could possibly be.

"But there was a van here-though they usually mean more orphans"

"What was the plate number"

"It was OOT23-it was the same van that brought me here"

Jisung nodded mumbling a thank you as he watched the boy begin running away before he completely disappeared from his view.

He fumbled in his pockets as he returned to the black car-the engine roaring as he put on his earpiece.

"Have you found her yet?"

Came Chenle's voice followed by Jaemin's hopeful pleads for the younger to say yes.

"No-Jaemin hyung what was the plate number of the car?"

"Give me a second"

Jisung sat in silence for a second-his eyes glazing over the house as a man stepped out and entered a black van.

Thankfully though he went in a direction opposite of where Jisung's car was parked. 

The clicking of Jaemin's keyboards could be heard on the intercom before it stopped completely.

"It was OOT23"