Depravity of Reality (Part 7 of The Reality Show)

You're in a bed, a hospital bed but you're not in a hospital. And there's a camera pointing at you.

You: Was i dreaming this entire time? It felt so real.

Steve: Y/N?! Are you awake? Thank God!

Steve had barged in through the door, seemingly relieved and concerned. He instantly came in to hug you, which was a great feeling but one that didn't make much sense.

You: What happened?

Bruce: You've been comatose for a week.

You:...why?

Bruce: That's what I've been trying to figure out. Did anything happen in your head?

Peter: Y/N! Finally.

You: Oh hey Peter.

Tony: *in hallway* Look, I have a business meeting in 20 minutes, can't this wai-oh hey, Y/N. You're finally awake.

Thor was right behind him, pushing him into the room.

Thor: YOU HAVE AWOKEN! PRAISE THE GODS!

You: Aren't you a god?

Thor:...PRAISE THE OTHER GODS EXCEPT LOKI!

You: Right. As I was saying...

5 minutes later:

You: Then Steve walked up to me and I woke up.

Tony: Did you say you were singing? Like a nerdy theater kid. And I was being nice to you? I think the insane inaccuracies of your little dream gave you an entire coma. That's how stupid it is.

You: Did you really need to film me the entire time?

Jeff: I was told to.

You: Right. Can I go now?

Bruce: I have a few questions first. Do you think your powers could've done this?

You: It's the only possible option if you don't have a diagnosis but I have no clue how.

Bruce: What information did you get in this dream.

You: It seemed like the reality show ended because when I asked about the cameramen Tony sarcastically pointed out that I "miss them now".

Bruce: Do you know the date of this dream?

You: Well, when is A-Day?

Bruce: September 4th.

You: Well it definitely ended on that day.

Bruce: I honestly have no clue. I'm a scientist, this transcends science.

You: It's an odd dream. Can I talk to Peter...alone? And by alone I mean alone.

Jeff: It's not my fault.

You: I know Jeff but doesn't it create  not to know what I'm saying?

Jeff: Maybe.

You: Thank you.

Everyone scuffles away due to the crowded room and you and Peter are now completely alone this time.

You: Look, the truth is, at the end of my dream, Steve walked up to me...and kissed me.

Peter: What if that was important to Bruce's research or something. Maybe the surge of oxytocin and hormones woke you up.

You: Or it's a coma-inducing fever dream.

Peter: What if you were in a parallel universe?

You: You should replace your spandex suit for tinfoil, Conspiracy Central.

Peter: I mean, think about it. You could've muttered a spell in your sleep and it could've transported you into a universe where you don't have any problems. Mr. Stark was nice to you, Steve is in love with you...your life was literally a musical.

You: Peter...that sounds like a dream. Isn't your life the problem-free life? You have a boyfriend, you're a superhero as well but you're very smart and ambitious.

Peter: Scott and I are not in the best spot. He can't get over the fact I'm so young.

You: I'm sorry.

Peter: It's fine. Don't be.

You: There was 1 thing in my dream that made sense.

Peter: What?

You: I know I'm not an aspiring scientist but Sam is definitely an anion because I can feel the negative electrons.

Peter:...what?!

You: One second.

You rush out of the room, looking for Wilson (not the funny, immortal one).

Host: It looks like The Falcon's not flying away from this problem.

You: Where is Sam?

Steve: I gotta-

You: Fuck you, piece of shit!

Steve: I-

You: Tony, where is the hawk ripoff?

Tony:  You're interruption my prep for a business meeting, which I am now late for because of your stupid coma.

You: I'll put you in a coma, optimistic Batman.

Tony: Who the hell is Batman?

You keep on storming down the hallway.

You: Bruce, where is Sam?

Bruce: I don't know. You should stay in-and he's gone.

You're getting more annoyed the more steps you take.

You: Sam, where is Sam? Oh wait, I finally fucking found you, you felandering fluff of fleas!

Sam: I don't need your nonsense right now.

You: For someone who hates nonsense, whatever you told Steve MAKES no sense.

Sam: What is this about?

You: Let me tell you a tale: Steve and I, best friends, 2 good ol' chums. All of a smitten sudden, after having a conversation with YOU, he no longer wants to talk to me. That's a bit alarming if you ask me but the only 2 people who ask me are Peter and Steve but Steve doesn't talk to me anymore because of you.

Sam: Maybe he doesn't want to be your friend anymore. You clearly talk too much.

You: Yet when I woke up he instantly hugged me until he remembered your wisest words which were...

Sam: "He just doesn't give me a good vibe".

You: No nonononononono, there is no way in *voice cracks* hell that that was enough to completely ignore me. I don't believe it.

Sam: That's because Steve and I are best friends, he'll take my word over yours.

Steve *not panting*: Y/N, I-

You stretch out your hand to slap him, but you stop in your tracks. He doesn't care about you. He just pitied you. Everything you thought you and Steve had was meaningless. You were in love with him and he wasn't even your friend. All your life, you were always afraid of saying something embarrassing or overly arrogant because you don't like to be ridiculed, your self-esteem was at an all-time low all the time, but that's over. You're not pitiful, you're Y/N L/N. You're a good person, you care about people even if you're not the best at showing it. You're not to be fucked with and no one is going to manipulate you just because they think they fucking can. You wish you could've made such a speech to everyone, especially Sam, Steve and even Tony, and though these words are short, they carry the message that your empathy is not just an emotion, it's a scale of how disappointed you are.

You: I pity you.

*sighs*