Chapter Sixty

serenity;

        3 months later.

"Good fuck, you're going to kill us," Harry breathed, leaned back into his seat as he grasped his denim clad thighs tightly. He was going to have a heart attack. Pale green eyes wide and mouth parted. 

I laughed. "We're fine, baby." I was so nonchalant and casual with it, although I was trying not to freak about because the amount of snow was intense. The road was slippery, and for an inclined road to be slippery is highly dangerous. In my defense, we haven't crashed. 

"Why did I let you drive? You only started like a few months ago," he asked himself, breath hitching when he heard something that must've frightened him. He jumped and snapped his head to look at me. "What was that?" 

Frowning, I glowered ahead with an eye roll. "Harry, relax. I didn't even hear anything. And who's idea was it to spend the winter break in their new house up hill, hmm?" I sassed.  

Harry stared at me, blankly. "First of all it's not my house, it's Niall's. Second, that wasn't my idea. It was Niall's as well." 

"Well you're friends with him." 

"Well...so are you," he remarked. 

I pouted. "Yeah, well...," I trailed off, not finding what to reply with. "Whatever, the point is, we're like two minutes away. Take a chill pill." Focusing, I shifted in my seat and sighed, squinting at the road. 

"For God's sake, you're squinting." 

Ignoring his constant complaining, I sighed in relief when I saw the house that Niall thought was cool to get up in fucking nowhere. But if that's what he preferred, hey, I'm not living with him so it's not my business. 

Once I parked and stopped the car, we began to take our bags out of the car. I peered up at the house, and was surprised at its size. It's a rather big house for one guy, but of course, he's always throwing parties, so it seems to be perfect for him. 

It was freezing while the struggle of getting our bags made things extensively harder. 

"Shit, my balls hurt from this cold," Harry muttered, closing the trunk. 

"I told you to wear something warmer than those stupid skinny jeans." I clenched my jaw and shook with a bag in my hands. Harry had my car keys, and I stuck out my butt to signal him to put them in my back pocket. 

He did so with a glower. "I'll probably need like ten hand jobs tonight to unfreeze my dick." 

Rolling my eyes, I began to walk to Niall's front door, and carefully up the few front steps with Harry behind me. I pressed my numb finger to the doorbell, bouncing on my toes in impatience. The door was opened to reveal the blonde himself, a wide grin on his face. 

"Hey guys. Welcome to casa Niall," he announced happily. I smiled softly, enjoying how happy he seems to be with what he's accomplished. 

Harry though, impatiently goes, "Hey, this is a real nice house you got here. But can you let us in so we can see the rest?" 

"Oh, right. Sorry. Must be freezing balls outside," Niall chuckled, moving aside. 

"Literally," Harry added with a snicker.

I walked inside with Harry eagerly following. His cheeks were pink along with his nose, dark green beanie covered in melting snowflakes. I probably looked similar to him, my own red hat covered in disappearing evidence. 

"I'll show you guys where you can put your bags." Niall lead us up very nice, polished wooden stairs. Everything about the house said warmth at the moment. I could finally start to feel my fingers as we entered a cozy room enough for two people. Perfect.