Chapter Eighteen

Boom Clap by Charli XCX - this song is on The Fault in Our Star's soundtrack and it makes my heart literally boom clap. By the way, if you haven't seen The Fault in Our Stars -- please go see it. It made me cry so much and it really reflects on the people with the same struggles as the characters go through. 

We were at Emily's house while her mother was out. She was surprised to see us at her door, but in no time she was grinning with that look in her eyes. She had questions for me about Harry and what's been going on with us I bet. I shot her a small smile when we were up in her room, Belle and Harry waiting for me downstairs. 

"Spill." She immediately squealed, shutting the door behind her. 

I sighed heavily, a smile still on my lips. I found myself wanting to talk about it. Wanting to spill out the emotions of my excitement and my feelings. It hasn't happened in a while since forever. I just felt my hands tremble and shake at the thought, a shaky breath leaving my lips. All because Harry was making me feel a way nobody else could. 

I'm usually the one to fall for the bad boy type. The type that seem like they will break your heart. Not in fact only break it, but step on it repeatedly and squeeze the blood right out of it. I fall for the type that aren't afraid to show what they've got and aren't so emotional. I am not afraid to admit it. I'm a dumb chooser. There are so many sweet guys, but I like the ones that are the complete opposite. Riley was a tiny crush and I'm glad Tiffany told me to give that one up. 

Harry, however...with him it's becoming something real. Not a fling or anything that is simply a joke. I'm actually feeling this way, and it's a scary thing when the feeling is so foreign. 

I crossed my legs on her bed while she tossed clothes at me from her closet. I'm in need of a shower and borrowing Emily's clothes. "We're going on a date tonight." Is all I told her. She hummed, clearly wanting to hear more than that. "And I really like him." 

"You really have no clue how to express your feelings, do you?" Emily laughed as she turned around, handing me a small shirt. "Only one that would fit you, since you know...I'm fat." 

There was no other way putting it besides I hateabsolutely loath when one of my friends calls herself either fat or ugly. I cannot stand the word itself. And for it to be used as a description for my friends annoys the hell out of me. "Excuse me?" I snapped, an eyebrow raised at her as she frowned at me. "Why would you ever fucking call yourself fat?" Now I'm angry. 

"Because I am, Serenity." 

"You are not fat. Go on Google and search fat people and I bet you won't fucking be there. And you'll look nothing like them. Emily...that's just ridiculous!" I shouted, standing up from the bed. She crossed her arms over her chest, looking down at her feet. I knew now that someone else stuck the idea in her head. "Who called you fat?" 

"No one," she murmured. 

I inhaled deeply. "Who. Called. You. Fat?" I repeated through a clenched jaw. 

"Wayne!" She shouted back, tears finally making their way down her cheeks.