Chapter Four

not edited. sorry. just got my laptop fixed and i have school work. trying to be as fast as possible. thank you for reading.

I've never been so impressed by myself in a long time. Clary laughed beside me quietly as I mentally strangled her. She was so unbelievable sometimes. Clearly, I'd be in some deep mud with my parents if I got cought climbing up the fire escape wearing makeup and the clothes I always seem to hide from my clueless mother.

"Clary, shut the fuck up!" I hissed at her in a whisper. The boys watched from across the street in the jeep, wide grins on their faces as they practically stared at the pink thong that was apparently showing.

"Your cute little thong is on full display," Clary laughed, throwing her head back like she has never seen me wear one. I hate these low-ride jeans. Never wearing them again.

I rolled my eyes as I climbed the latter. "You're welcome for the fucking show," I spat, hissing in whispers to make sure not to cause too much comotion. My mother would wake up to anything and literally everything. I prayed tonight wouldn't the the precise night I'd get caught for all my wrong doings.

Once I was inside the dark bedroom, I was surprised to see it the way I left it. The door was locked, and my books were thrown like usual across my desk and some clothes here and there on the floor. I heard Clary drive off with the guys as I shut the window.

I inhaled in relief.

+

I walked across the car park of the huge high school. Ever since last night my mother hasn't spoken a word to me. I should be paranoid, but I end up lying right through my teeth at her and she seems to believe me all the time before giving me a lecture to never do it again.

My eyes caught the grey Honda she drove, and I jogged in my painfully ugly flats. I wanted to cry and burn them off in our firepalce but she'd notice the ashes of the "well-spent" gift.

I opened the door and sat down. She was staring ahead at the street. I watched her carefully as she rose an eyebrow on her forehead and opened her mouth to speak. My mother was elegant. Eyebrows done perfectly, natural lip balm on her lips, and perfect eye-makeup. She didn't wear too much, just enough to look natural. She was a talent at making people look perfect.

Something I deeply hated.

"I tried speaking with you last night." She began. Her monotone tone with me made me cringe slightly. She knows something that is making her inner demon bang across the walls of her skin, begging to escape her. "But your door was locked."

"I --"

"Did I not tell you that," she breathed deeply, "You are not, absolutely never, are allowed to lock that door of your bedroom if I don't tell you so."

I wanted to scream at her to get a grip because I've had more sex than she has in her lifetime. That would make her disown me and I'd find myself living on the streets with rumors of my pregancy spreading like wildfire throughout the town.

"I do need my privacy," I replied back slowly, and that only made her eyes light up with anger.

She shook her head, slamming her hand down onto the wheel as we came to a red light. She turned to look at me, bright blue eyes that were a contrast to my chocolate brown ones stared into mine with fury. "Serenity, I don't care what you think you need. You are too young and naive to understand."

"Mom, you're overreacting. I got upset last night." I explained with a heavy sigh. She was getting angry while I tried to keep my hand down from slapping her across the face. Her talk made me look inferior to her command and I really disliked that.